CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #1
Chris H Laing

Profile:
diet after SS

So I started SS yesterday, and I've been on GOMAD for a couple days now, and I've already gained a couple pounds.

But, lets say I gain 30 lbs of muscle in the next 6 months, will I be able to eat like I ate before starting SS without losing any muscle mass? Before I was eating 18 zone blocks at 2x fat while weighing 130 lbs. Will I have to stick to GOMAD to keep my mass and strength?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 AM   #2
James Rollo

Profile:
Re: diet after SS

Try and forget about the Zone while on Starting Strength. Just eat like a madman.

When Finished with Starting Strength or satisfied with strength/mass gain represcribe the Zone. That is you will find your new LBM and calculate your blocks there. When you approach the desired body fat% start upping your fat blocks.

This process will take a long time. You can expect to keep as much strength/mass % wise as you did when you first started zoning and crossfitting. The difference is you will not see the same gains you will get on starting strength per week when you go back to zone and crossfit, but you are still making progress.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
Chris H Laing

Profile:

I'm still zoning while on SS to keep my performance high and to add as little body fat as possible, because I know I will add a lot with GOMAD.

Also, the only reason I'm doing SS is to get strong enough to do the main site WODs as rx'd, so I won't mind not making the same week to week progress, as long as I can do the workouts.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
Derek Weaver

Profile:

I'm not sure I get it. Are you still doing the WOD's?

GOMAD on top of Zone is alright. I'd guess that you can go back to 18 blocks (or lower) "strict" until body comp. is back in check... then up the fat.