CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #51
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
Re: Amber does CFSB

Was supposed to meet someone at the gym this morning, which for me meant 2 WODs in less then 24 hours...and I didn't sleep. But he was a no-show, so I just did the lifts.

Lift
Deads

Warm-Up
40kg x 5
60 x 5

Work-Set
100 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 1

Somebody's dumb*** loaded the bar wrong for the first set and didn't feel like unloading it, so I gave it a shot anyways. I probably could have gone for 2 and 3 on the 115 if I had reset, but I didn't feel like it. I think that has been my theme all day.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:38 AM   #52
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post

So, need stronger forearms.....I wonder if there are any 3rd classes that need teeth extracted. .
I don't know how I missed this one, Amber!! You are too funny.. experimenting on 3rd classes!! but... it would get your forearms strong!! I can teach you when you return to the states!!

Quote:
Was supposed to meet someone at the gym this morning, which for me meant 2 WODs in less then 24 hours...and I didn't sleep. But he was a no-show, so I just did the lifts.

Lift
Deads

Warm-Up
40kg x 5
60 x 5

Work-Set
100 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 1

Somebody's dumb*** loaded the bar wrong for the first set and didn't feel like unloading it, so I gave it a shot anyways. I probably could have gone for 2 and 3 on the 115 if I had reset, but I didn't feel like it. I think that has been my theme all day.
YOu are doing some amazing lifting on this program, Amber!!! You must really be feeling yourself getting stronger. The numbers are quite impressive (although I still get so confused with KG vs LB...!!)...

Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #53
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
YOu are doing some amazing lifting on this program, Amber!!! You must really be feeling yourself getting stronger. The numbers are quite impressive (although I still get so confused with KG vs LB...!!)...

Keep up the great work!!
Thanks, Marianne! (I noticed your FB friends call you Mere, can I call you Mere?) I think as the product of a long line of farmers, heavy lifting is in my blood. Coordination is not. I play to my strengths (let the lashings on that comment begin). I get confused with kgs and lbs as well (reference my first SS workout log), and found it easier to lift in kgs because all the bumpers are labeled in intervals of 5kgs or 11lbs.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #54
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:

Quote:
I get confused with kgs and lbs as well (reference my first SS workout log), and found it easier to lift in kgs because all the bumpers are labeled in intervals of 5kgs or 11lbs.
So are your work sets listed in kgs or lbs? I have to whip out the calculator (more like click to open, lol) to convert the measurements if anyone lists them in kgs because after years of relying on a computer, I'm math-dumb. Especially when it comes to plate math, lol.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #55
Harley Jennings

Profile:

No Murph amber?
M/27/5'10''/200lbs/13%BF BS 365#/ SP 205#/ DL 425#/ BP 345#/ PC 235#/ FS 265#/ CJ 225#/ THR 225#/ Liz 6:11/ Murph 39:00My Log
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #56
Johan Nederhof

Profile:

converting is very easy
from kg to pnd: x2 + 10%
fromf pnd to kg: - 10%, divided by 2

It is not exact but very close

so 100 kg becomes: x2= 200 + 10% = 220 pnd
135pnd becomes: - 10% = 122 dived by 2 = 61 kg

Have fun,
Johan
Old 03-18-2009, 04:51 AM   #57
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
No Murph amber?
Maybe I will tomorrow. Have I mentioned my shoulders are fried? LOL. Today is rest day, tomorrow is a METCON. Murph is a little long, but maybe I'll bust it out (or scale).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie Willhoit View Post
So are your work sets listed in kgs or lbs? I have to whip out the calculator (more like click to open, lol) to convert the measurements if anyone lists them in kgs because after years of relying on a computer, I'm math-dumb. Especially when it comes to plate math, lol.
My work is listed in kgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Nederhof View Post
converting is very easy

Have fun,
Johan
That's a way I never thought of. When at the gym, to convert kgs to lbs I use the 1kg=2.2lbs equation, I think:

100 x 2 = 200, then to get the .2 part, I remove the the digit (zero) and add that number to the 1st number. So it is now 200 + 20 = 220lbs.

115 x 2 = 230 + 23 = 253
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #58
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks, Marianne! (I noticed your FB friends call you Mere, can I call you Mere?) .
Sure, It is my "nickname" from when i was a kid. it is pronounced "mare", but my BF in 5th grade spelled it Mere and it stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Nederhof View Post
converting is very easy

Have fun,
Johan
Quote:

That's a way I never thought of. When at the gym, to convert kgs to lbs I use the 1kg=2.2lbs equation, I think:

100 x 2 = 200, then to get the .2 part, I remove the the digit (zero) and add that number to the 1st number. So it is now 200 + 20 = 220lbs.

115 x 2 = 230 + 23 = 253
Cool... this beats going online and googling "kg to lb conversion", but I do think you guys are actually doing it the same way cuz if you "move the digit" that is basically 10%. Thanks for sharing that! Now I can follow your logs easier, Amber!!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #59
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Despite not falling asleep until WAY past my intended bed time, and waking up early to the TCN's leveling gravel outside my CHU door....I'm feeling pretty good. Beautiful spring day here in Baghdad, so I grabbed my Garmin and took the long route to pick up laundry. So beautiful, I should've worn sunscreen I haven't ran distance/outside since.....November, maybe? Felt pretty good.

2.44km (roughly equivalent to 1.5 miles, Navy standard PT run): 13:48

Good considering I was real thirsty and didn't really push it. Followed with approximately 5 minute recovery walk.

Then, I decided to do 200m x 4, and set the intervals wrong so it ended up being 200m x 5 (1 minute rest/walk).

1:00
:57
:53
:52
:51

I need to get back to running. I swear I'm going to do a marathon one of these days
Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #60
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:

Quote:
I need to get back to running. I swear I'm going to do a marathon one of these days
I have also sworn to get back to running, but a marathon is NOT in my future! The longest I've ever run was a 12k (7.46 miles), and that was long enough. Now I run a 10k once a year with my family, and whenever it comes up as a WOD (maybe.... ). Kudos to you for the setting the bar up there (somewhere)!