CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
Jay Rhodes

Profile:
Re: rich froning jr's diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
I heard he is 10 ft. tall, bathes in vodka, and feeds his kids shrimp scampi, lol (Bill Braski reference, I couldn't help it)
LOL I'm following.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Why bathe in alcohol when you can bathe in vodka?

That's probably a very unpublicized SECRET Russian training secret.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Kim Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata Speranza View Post
Hi

If it helps, I can tell you, that Annie (Iceland-Annie) told us at our Gym (when she was on a visit), that she eats pretty clean (kind of paleo), but that she still eats dairy because she needs it. She grew up with that and feels, that she'll need that to keep strong and going... for treats she loves chocolate. So we gave her a Swiss-Chocolate-Treat...

She at least is the fittest woman on Earth.

Ciao
Thanks for that tidbit as it makes me feel better about the two small pieces of dark chocolate I just had as well as a cheese stick!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Erik Glynn

Profile:

I've bumped into some videos interviewing Rich and they mention his diet and he mentions how he simply strives to eat clean. Simple, right? He's not Paleo or Zone (or wasn't at the time). He's just a clean eater. And loves PB&J... paste...stuff.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

I hear he once had a cake on his birthday with a stripper inside. He ate the whole cake...and the stripper!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
John McCord

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
I hear he once had a cake on his birthday with a stripper inside. He ate the whole cake...and the stripper!
Very high protein bioavailabilty...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #27
Brian Kellogg

Profile:

Genetics and age can do so much. I know people who live on booze, weed and eating anything that ends in "itos." They have never played an organized sport in their life (except perhaps beer pong league) and are hostile to the notion of regularly hitting any gym (globo, Crossfit or otherwise) yet when they take off their shirt they look like they are headed to Regionals. I, on the other hand, have never had a flat stomach without either doing Crossfit or at least going all out to train for a competitive sport. Rich is one of those rare instances where the good genetics is coupled with the opportunity and desire that they rest of us have and it's like dynamite!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #28
Chris Mason

Profile:

The best of the best CrossFitters are not Paleo nor Zone. Athletes rarely mess with that stuff simply because they need fuel for their training. Neither diet really cuts it for athletics.

Like I have said over and over, but it doesn't seem to sink in, Paleo is NOT a performance diet, it is a body composition and possibly health diet.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #29
Evan Peikon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
The best of the best CrossFitters are not Paleo nor Zone. Athletes rarely mess with that stuff simply because they need fuel for their training. Neither diet really cuts it for athletics.

Like I have said over and over, but it doesn't seem to sink in, Paleo is NOT a performance diet, it is a body composition and possibly health diet.
Chris, what do you think about paleo as a base diet but adding in things like sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and white rice for carbs as well as supplementing with a post workout shake.

i realize/ have experienced that paleo (strict) sucks for performance, but i feel like adding in non-paleo but still unprocessed foods works just as well for performance/ still gets the job done for good body comp/health.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #30
Benjamin Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post

I'm echoing what Chris said; world-class champions have not been on the paleo diet, and will not be on the paleo diet.

The winners do what they need to get the energy required to fuel their hard work outs.