CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #111
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: What supplements to take to get the best results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Baumgarten View Post
Chris mason... I use all the at,argue products and love them.. From Nitrean +, through results and ETS, and have seen significant changes in body comp and strength and endurance. In doing some reading on beta-alanine(1 ingredient in your Results product) I found several mentions that beta-alanine should be supplemented with taurine. What are your thouhts and if so at what dose?
I can't say I have ever see that information. Do you have a study you can refer me to?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #112
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Traina View Post
Can I mix my creatine, BCAA's and Beta Alanine together?? And whats everyones take on BCAA's? I hear if you get enough protein (which I do) you dont need it. Should I take regular amino's or none at all are needed? My diet is tight and I'm starting to add in supps.
Yes, you can mix those together. You can use BCAA prior to training, but beyond that if you protein intake is sufficient it won't do much for you. It is also an excellent supplement to use on fat loss diets.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #113
Jason Dechert

Profile:

Im new to taking supplements. I have done crossfit in the past without supplements. I recently gained a stupid amount of weight after losing 160 lbs the good old fashion way. DIET DIET DIET!!!! I would like to post my daily routine and see if you guys can advise on best supplements times to take them etc....

Work 19:00 - 0200 99% sitting
Break 0200-0330 (NAP)
Job # 2 0400-0930 Active alot of brisk walking. No sitting at all
Crossfit 10:00 - 11:00
Sleep 12:00 - 17:00

Once in awhile i will come home at 930 and go to crossfit at 17:00

Now for daily food intake (no set times I eat when im hungry)

7 oz of turkey chili. I make this myself the ingredients are strictly tomato sauce, tomatoes, 93 % ground turkey, Red Beans and a seasoning packet.

2 Hard boiled eggs

2 boneless skinless chicken thighs or Breast (various seasoning) No OIL Ever

1 container Basic salad just lettuce shreaded carrot. I use just Balsamic Vinegar. Again no OIL.

about 8 raw carrots.

I will be changing up the diet adding fish to the routine but I have yet to do so.

I have settled on using AT LARGE PRODUCTS based on reccomendations and reading various posts/articles. and i respect the fact the owner seems to accesible on here. That SOLD ME.

Thanks in advance for your imput.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #114
Jason Dechert

Profile:

I forgot to state I plan on taking a protein shake at 6AM to replace any food at my 2nd job. Also would I Bennefit from a pre and a post workout shake? how about amino acids? Also is there a location I can see all of the ingredients in at LARGE?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #115
Don Beam

Profile:

I'm just gonna jump in this conversation here and add my 2 cents.

If you're interested in getting better results you should look at how you're training and especially how you're eating

Look at the word: "Supplement." It simply means to supplement your diet, aka: not getting enough of something. You're looking at the wrong variable(s) my friend. People have been "brainwashed" into thinking that suplpements are the "key" to having results/success; its simply hilarious.

A friend of mine owns his own nutrition store here in Philly and even he has told me how he is laughing his way to the bank. He sells me items at 40% less and still makes profit. Going off-topic, so I will get back on point.

To make a long story short, when I first got into fitness in 04, I was 6'4, 175 lbs. Now, 2013, I am 6'6, 230lbs. Ironically enough, when I was a n00b, I was taking like 9 different supps and hardly seeing results. The more and more I learned about different training and especially nutrition, my results starting to increase. Believe it or not, the more supps I cut out and more NATURAL food I put in, the better my results. I never counted calories or that nonsense, just ate healthy 6 full meals with 2 healthy snacks every day. One cheat meal per week with one cheat snack per week.

To wrap it all up, the only supplements I firmly believe in are pure creatine monohydrate and whey protein isolate. I've used Giant Sports Delicious Protein for the past couple years along with Muscle Pharm's pure creating. I just recently switched to the new Arnold Iron Series Protein. These supplements barely assist with gains; if you want to see massive gains, start juicing or loading up with prohormones.