CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Shane Bradbury

Profile:
Question Tracking Problem

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here in a long while, but I find this is THE place to get help with any pain/injuries. I was off for 4 weeks with a broken wrist, I POSE run to the best of my ability and have just been following the WOD for 2 weeks or so. I start hockey next week and I'm a goalie and have been playing several years. My problem is my knees tracking. I can hear a click of sorts and can feel the muscle (tendon?) run over the top of my knee cap and after a high rep squatting set (weighted or unweighted), it starts to hurt slightly. It happens with both knees, but is more pronounced in the left one. I talked with a massage therapist a couple days ago and he said it was odd because instead of having a tight I.T. band, mine is fine and that I have flexible abductors, but tight adductors (which I don't understand because I can do the splits) so I was wondering, without shelling out a LOT of money for physio/massage, what can I do to strengthen the adductors/ stretch them effectively?