CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
CJ Kim

Profile:
Congrats to Graham - Reebok Sponsorship

Just ran across this article, (http://www.newarkadvocate.com/articl.../10310341)(WFS), Graham is now an official Reebok/Crossfit spokesman. I think it's good to see a top Crossfit competitor get some recognition.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Congrats to Graham - Reebok Sponsorship

Reebok actually signed a deal with HQ also I think. I'm sure the details will trickle out about that.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Jason Ashman

Profile:

Let the selling out begin.

Notice the lovely "Reebok/Crossfit" logoYOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

I'd LOVE to know what Rogue, The Garage Gym, Again Faster, and all of the other small, run-by-Crossfitter businesses think of HQ giving a corporate schmooze like Reebok full access. Not to mention Vibram, Pendlay, Eleiko, Concept 2, and any other company that has spent the past few years supporting Crossfit that now sit directly in Reebok's equipment-manufacturing cross-hairs.

There's a word- a nasty, nasty word- for that kind of betrayal somewhere.

Does this mean "The Pump by Reebok" is now the official WOD shoe?

Mad props to Graham for cashing in, but this is a really bad move for HQ; Even if you leave out the "Crossfit sells out" stuff, and ignore the ridiculously blatant money-grab, it's REEBOK- this isn't a company well known for entering a sport and doing good things: Just ask CCM and Jofa (wait, you can't anymore), or talk to all the folks around the hockey world, where Reebok is a bad, bad name. If people rate Nike above your company for hockey gear, you've done something very, very wrong.

Watching this play out should be entertainment at its finest.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Steven Low

Profile:

Does reebok even have a minimalist shoe?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
I don't think so, but they do have the RunTone (WFS)
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 AM   #6
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
I don't think so, but they do have the RunTone (WFS)
"You asked for it you got it: the muscle-toning shoe you can wear while running, training and working out. Compared to a traditional running shoe, RunTone, a close cousin to our EasyTone shoe, encourages more activation in key leg muscles like the calves and quads and reduces overall body stress."
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
"You asked for it you got it: the muscle-toning shoe you can wear while running, training and working out. Compared to a traditional running shoe, RunTone, a close cousin to our EasyTone shoe, encourages more activation in key leg muscles like the calves and quads and reduces overall body stress."
I get a lot of "duh" and drool looks whenever I try to explain to someone why their shoes suck......

on the plus side, one of my biggest "just doesn't get it" persons recently purchased VFF's and is loving them!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
Damon Stewart

Profile:

Concept 2 is now in Reebok's crosshairs???? Seriously?

We heard the same kind of Chicken Little "The sky is falling" vitriol from the Progenex sponsorship. Not much has changed.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
Is a minimalist shoe a requirement for Crossfit? If so I guess I better get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Stewart View Post
Concept 2 is now in Reebok's crosshairs???? Seriously?

We heard the same kind of Chicken Little "The sky is falling" vitriol from the Progenex sponsorship. Not much has changed.
Bingo.

And as for their hockey equipment, I love both pairs of Pump Tacks I've had, and their sticks are great as well. Doubt they will be making much equipment but I'm sure if Rogue and AgainFaster's, etc's equipment is top of the line (which I know it is) then I'm sure there won't be a problem even if Reebok does enter that area.

What I think yall are missing is the sectors that Reebok is in, and sales in versus where Crossfit is now. Reebok will help expand the name and elevate it to the next level. Seriously, HQ isn't moving out to Boston, so it's not like a merger or anything. It's a company (Reebok) that does Crossfit and wants to promote it because it's something they believe in.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
Scott Stevens

Profile:

Some comments from Glassman about the reebok thing. (WFS maybe some language)

http://sicfit.com/coverage/237836-St...-the-Community

Sounds like a giant corporate sponsorship. Get used to seeing reebok logos on everything. Not a big deal.

I agree that the crossfit gear manufacturers MAY be in a precarious position. Reebok makes workout gear. It's hardly a stretch for them to start making bumper plates, etc.