CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Eric Lester

Profile:
Push Jerk Explosion and Landing

23/m/~160 lbs

I have never done push jerks heavy before. I worked up to 215 today. For reference my max power clean is 185 and backsquat 320. No idea how the 215 stacks up to those.

After I got past 200 it felt like I was not really accelerating on my drive. I could not get the speed to generate enough power to really throw the weight up. I think I was compensating by pressing the weight out at the top.

Additionally my landing is very wide. I assume this is because it feels more stable and/or you don't have to jerk it as high to catch it.

Any recommendations on building more hip explosion for the heavier weights and learning to keep my feet in? Other than just do more push jerks (should I practice with light or heavy weights?)