CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
Chad Skola

Profile:
Exclamation Heart Explosion....almost anyway!!!

This was my WO log I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to the described problem.

Thanks,

FRI 29 MAR
max pushups in 2 minutes
max situps in 2 minutes
2 mile run for time

Well I did my practice PT test today and the strangest thing happened.

I have been able to run 2 miles in under 15 minutes or around there no matter how long it has been since I have ran. I usually can get it back down to around 14 pretty fast also. One of my workouts(above)involves running 3 one mile runs. Anyway, I did my pushups (got my 75 and stopped), did my situps(only 65, need to work on that), felt pretty normal after those two events, proceeded out front to start my run. After the first few hundred meters I felt extra winded already. By a half mile I had already lost pace, and when I came around for the first mile(7:40ish) I thought I was going to die. My heart was about to burst out of my chest, I was dizzy, I felt puckie sneaking up(he did, twice actually) It took probably 2 hours to recover including like an hour of sleep. I have run in all sorts of conditions, heat,cold,full stomach,empty,sick,etc. and I have never felt this way after only a mile at that slow of pace. Maybe when I am trying to run a sub 5 minute mile but not 740.

Any runners or cardiovascular experts that has some ideas I would be glad to hear them. I am going to post this in the medical forum also.
70in/150#Go to my website to make a donation to a young 13 year old. Your donation will help make living with Cerebral Palsy a little bit easier. His name is Dax and his story can be found from my site also.