CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #9961
Jay Rhodes

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Very fast time Scott!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #9962
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
Very fast time Scott!
I second that emotion!!! Fast work even with the treadmill mate!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #9963
Nik Nichols

Profile:

I saw how fast your time was and didn't even think about the deads, So they weren't a bother I take it?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #9964
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I saw how fast your time was and didn't even think about the deads, So they weren't a bother I take it?
Lightning as ususall scotty boy.

Im loving being back now, though no matter the warm up my old rugby joints do share my enthusiasm lol. My right knee started crunching whilst doing 'ensign' the other day (loads of BW squats), i go real deep and slow on them and it was crunshing and grinding with no pain. Warming up yesterday i still had the noise but now with discomfort, so i box squatted and it was fine. My wife thinks its out of place and i worried in a few years il be struggling with running.

I like the strength+metcon each session, but not sure my body does.

Ricky
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #9965
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
GREAT time Scott!! You really killed it! And that is some good HSPU's Seems like you have that 15reps in the bag!
Thanks Nik, felt fast. The Hspu's feel better, really doing plenty of mobility stuff to keep shoulders healthy as that's the key, not missing a hspu session, at least 2 x a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
Very fast time Scott!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
I second that emotion!!! Fast work even with the treadmill mate!
Thanks guys, my aim was sub 10 but the treadmill starting messed that.

Quote:
Backs alright today Nik, just strange dull ache down my left side which was there before yesterdays workout, feels like the bottom of my rib cage is real sore, not bothering me as it dont give me any pain while working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
Lightning as ususall scotty boy.

Im loving being back now, though no matter the warm up my old rugby joints do share my enthusiasm lol. My right knee started crunching whilst doing 'ensign' the other day (loads of BW squats), i go real deep and slow on them and it was crunshing and grinding with no pain. Warming up yesterday i still had the noise but now with discomfort, so i box squatted and it was fine. My wife thinks its out of place and i worried in a few years il be struggling with running.

I like the strength+metcon each session, but not sure my body does.

Ricky
Im hearing you, whenever I squat without the usual gym music on I can hear my knees. Lately I have developed some knee pain which I have cured with a lot of rolling , icing and a few ibuprofen, honestly you have got to roll your legs out until you sweat and almost puke, you will feel much better for it afterwards, rolling is essential when you train to this intensity.

Also get on the mobility wod , your far too young to limit yourself to what you can do, this will open it all up for you again.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #9966
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Wooo todays mainpage looks tough at least the firt round of thrusterd does, other then that it looks like a monty fight to keep moving. Watch you back on those thrusters!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #9967
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Wooo todays mainpage looks tough at least the firt round of thrusterd does, other then that it looks like a monty fight to keep moving. Watch you back on those thrusters!!
Yeah definately looks tough what with all the bar changing as well, took me 10 minutes to work on how I can change the bar up most quickly with kilo's, got something sorted now. The back will be good on thrusters , if it comes through deads thrusters wont bother it.

Bet your wishing you was on main page today with all the pull ups.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #9968
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Yeah definately looks tough what with all the bar changing as well, took me 10 minutes to work on how I can change the bar up most quickly with kilo's, got something sorted now. The back will be good on thrusters , if it comes through deads thrusters wont bother it.

Bet your wishing you was on main page today with all the pull ups.
You bet I want to do it. But I got 7 rounds MUs K2E and air squats with the heavy squat and weighted dip strenth work today.

i watched the Montoya video, he said the last round was the worst for him.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #9969
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
You bet I want to do it. But I got 7 rounds MUs K2E and air squats with the heavy squat and weighted dip strenth work today.

i watched the Montoya video, he said the last round was the worst for him.
Your workout sounds like something I would really enjoy, more than mine! Yes I watched the Montoya video, he always looks like he's really taking he's time like drinking a hot cup of English tea, not a negative, just guess some people can keep calm more.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #9970
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Your workout sounds like something I would really enjoy, more than mine! Yes I watched the Montoya video, he always looks like he's really taking he's time like drinking a hot cup of English tea, not a negative, just guess some people can keep calm more.
Yea, Bewelys! Richard always looks relaxed in a workout too. He makes it look easy. I'm working on that same calm myself. I think about the mobility work. I got more work done keeping calmer thwen distressed.