CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #11001
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Yea, that is why I asked. You make a good point about the times for the comp. 2 weeks sounds good. Any longer I'd get the idea to try to get stronger across the board and kill myself.

I figured you'd be pretty regular with your training till its over. How is the volcano doing, any advantage there?
yes Im feeling quite beat up already trying to get better at everything involved in the regionals, theres a lot of hard stuff in there as well. First day looks quite easy as far as amount of work, 2nd day looks nasty.

Volcano has stopped for now so its all on , Scandinavia is back online
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #11002
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
yes Im feeling quite beat up already trying to get better at everything involved in the regionals, theres a lot of hard stuff in there as well. First day looks quite easy as far as amount of work, 2nd day looks nasty.

Volcano has stopped for now so its all on , Scandinavia is back online
HAHAHA dang unpredictable valcano!!

I bet you are beat up. Are you going to do multiple workouts in a day at all? Or do you not see a need for it. I can't wait to see you go. I think you have a very real shot at the games.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #11003
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
HAHAHA dang unpredictable valcano!!

I bet you are beat up. Are you going to do multiple workouts in a day at all? Or do you not see a need for it. I can't wait to see you go. I think you have a very real shot at the games.
Ive done multiple workouts for the last few years Nik, a metcon and a strength in one session, sometimes an extra metcon at the end so thats not a problem. Just two events a day is never going to run me down at all. The first day is so low on training that I might do some push ups in the evening!!

Its a very long shot me qualifying, we will see, I need some Nik magic on the pull ups for sure, first goal is to complete all the workouts and then who knows,, If the volcano goes off while a lot of other people are doing thrusters they may all lose there balance and get DISQUALIFIED!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #11004
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Still givin' er hell eh, Scott! Looks like you are almost at regionals intensity already! Are you planning on tapering a couple weeks out? Or just goin' hard right through?

Looks like, with the extra work you have been putting in, the RWoDs will be less than what you're used to!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #11005
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Still givin' er hell eh, Scott! Looks like you are almost at regionals intensity already! Are you planning on tapering a couple weeks out? Or just goin' hard right through?

Looks like, with the extra work you have been putting in, the RWoDs will be less than what you're used to!
Hey Milt, good to hear from you, I am already about 9 days out so not yet tapering, I will start that around Tuesday next week as I think more prep for a few skills is needed before the sectionals.

Your right about the density of work, Friday is nothing, just a few thrusters, bit of running and hspu's, not even a full training day, Saturday will be hard but I am glad, will need some extra training after the easy Friday!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #11006
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

25 May 2011

Burgener warm up plus 20k squat snatch practice

Deadlift - all touch n go

80k x 5
90k x 5
100k x 5
110k x 5
120k x 5
130k x 5
140k x 10 - one pause at top around rep 9.

Felt strong still, reckon on the day will go 15/6 first round.

For time:
Run 1000m
30 HSPU's - 7.30 pr

Run around 4.10 so hspu's done in second best time ever around 3.10 with transition. Had my hands a bit wider than usual due to the great regional requirement.

Pull ups chin over 20/20/20 quickfire sets.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #11007
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Nice work Scott, Great job on the HSPUs and deads. I'm glad it is feeling good for you. Nice pullups too, how did it feel?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #11008
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Quote:
25 May 2011

Burgener warm up plus 20k squat snatch practice

Deadlift - all touch n go

80k x 5
90k x 5
100k x 5
110k x 5
120k x 5
130k x 5
140k x 10 - one pause at top around rep 9.

Felt strong still, reckon on the day will go 15/6 first round.

For time:
Run 1000m
30 HSPU's - 7.30 pr

Run around 4.10 so hspu's done in second best time ever around 3.10 with transition. Had my hands a bit wider than usual due to the great regional requirement.

Pull ups chin over 20/20/20 quickfire sets.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 AM   #11009
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Nice work Scott, Great job on the HSPUs and deads. I'm glad it is feeling good for you. Nice pullups too, how did it feel?
Thanks Nik, hspu's were more comfortable but today my shoulders have real heavy DOMs, I think from going wider with my arms!! Pull ups are improving, getting the easier straight up kip going now, 5 or 6 more sessions and I will lose my chest to bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes View Post
Thanks Jay it was a good night, happy with the progress.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #11010
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Nik, hspu's were more comfortable but today my shoulders have real heavy DOMs, I think from going wider with my arms!! Pull ups are improving, getting the easier straight up kip going now, 5 or 6 more sessions and I will lose my chest to bar

HAHAHA Im sure you will. I don't know how you kip, but when I get tired I try to remember to bring my legs back early for the lext kip, kind of ''load'' the legs so when I hit the bottom I'm already for the lext leg swing and kip, it helps alot.
Now as for the head over it would not be a big kip, but getting ready I would still get my legs back fast.

DOMS on the shoulders eh? That sucks, but as we know it happens whan we changs positions. Will you keep your hands wide still for comp? Or move them in to what you are use to?