CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #61
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

Nice and strong!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #62
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Thanks so much, Delita, Veronica, and Sarena. I train alone but honestly, with all the encouragement I get here...I don't really feel like I do.

MONDAY, January 28, 2008, 8:30am, fasted 12 hrs. (+ zucca (pumpkin) and dark chocolate gelato last night too...wow. I crave nothing like I crave gelato.): "Cindy"

Complete AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

5 Pull-ups (purple band assisted- finally!)
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

FR- not so sore, mineral baths, ZMA, and FR before bed seems to be helping persistent quad soreness (hadn't been taking enough to time for this routine last week). Need to start thinking about why it's always my quads and not my PC that's sore...

M2 + Burgener W/up (left adductor feeling strange on landings...) + 1.5 min plank

9 Rounds + 1 Pullup

Single Leg Romanian DL 3x5 @ 25lbs. (in each hand)
alternated with DB OH Press 3x5 @ 30lbs.

I just read Kelly Moore's log and she got 32 rounds. Ha.

ANYWAY, I've did Mary the last time this came up, and tho I really wanted to try beating my old numbers, Cindy (with the addition of my pullup band) was more practical. I spent ALL of my time in this w/o doing the pullups. The pushups and squats were all unbroken and really, pretty easy, pretty fast. The pullups in the first round were unbroken! That's actually the first time I've been able to do that over 5 reps with the purple band. From thence forward the pullups came in 3s, 2s, and 1s (mostly 1s). For a grand total of 45 pullups.

I'm pretty proud of my baby steps I suppose. I do remember a time when 1 rep with the purple band was REALLY slow. I'll have all three band strengths soon (and rings!) and can't wait to try out higher reps for something other than jumped pullups. Also, I seem to be forming my first pullup calluses...I have gloves but don't use them. I'm not sure but I think my hands should be ok for a while whatwith some of my tennis calluses (I have a bad habit of altering my grip during points often). We'll see.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #63
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Thanks so much, Delita, Veronica, and Sarena. I train alone but honestly, with all the encouragement I get here...I don't really feel like I do.

MONDAY, January 28, 2008, 8:30am, fasted 12 hrs. (+ zucca (pumpkin) and dark chocolate gelato last night too...wow. I crave nothing like I crave gelato.): "Cindy"

Complete AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

5 Pull-ups (purple band assisted- finally!)
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

FR- not so sore, mineral baths, ZMA, and FR before bed seems to be helping persistent quad soreness (hadn't been taking enough to time for this routine last week). Need to start thinking about why it's always my quads and not my PC that's sore...

M2 + Burgener W/up (left adductor feeling strange on landings...) + 1.5 min plank

9 Rounds + 1 Pullup

Single Leg Romanian DL 3x5 @ 25lbs. (in each hand)
alternated with DB OH Press 3x5 @ 30lbs.

I just read Kelly Moore's log and she got 32 rounds. Ha.

ANYWAY, I've did Mary the last time this came up, and tho I really wanted to try beating my old numbers, Cindy (with the addition of my pullup band) was more practical. I spent ALL of my time in this w/o doing the pullups. The pushups and squats were all unbroken and really, pretty easy, pretty fast. The pullups in the first round were unbroken! That's actually the first time I've been able to do that over 5 reps with the purple band. From thence forward the pullups came in 3s, 2s, and 1s (mostly 1s). For a grand total of 45 pullups.

I'm pretty proud of my baby steps I suppose. I do remember a time when 1 rep with the purple band was REALLY slow. I'll have all three band strengths soon (and rings!) and can't wait to try out higher reps for something other than jumped pullups. Also, I seem to be forming my first pullup calluses...I have gloves but don't use them. I'm not sure but I think my hands should be ok for a while whatwith some of my tennis calluses (I have a bad habit of altering my grip during points often). We'll see.
Erin, I feel the same way. Each time I come to my log and see somebody commented, whether tips or just *attagirls!* I get so excited, like I'm really doing this with someone.

Please, can you aim me to the pull-up bands you are using? I know nothing about bands but have heard of them.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #64
Timothy Saint

Profile:

Well done on the pullup progress. You'll be doing them unassisted in no time, and then you'll be really proud. Nothing impresses me about CrossFit more than the way women who do it well can rip pullups off better than most Marines. It's astonishing. Anyway, you'll get there.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #65
Steven Low

Profile:

If you want pullups faster add some to your warmups.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #66
Bob Sorensen

Profile:

Keep up the good work Erin. I know what ya mean about not having someone in person to encourage you while you're working out, or especially, before you get to the gym on a blah day. I'm fighting the same battle. Maybe we can encourage each other regularly. So get out there and work out ya wuss!!! LOL.

Have a great day.

Bob
Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #67
Erin Davidson

Profile:

TUESDAY, January 29, 2008, 10:30am, fasted since 6:30pm (fruitsandnuts):

"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

Use 95 pounds, 65 pounds or broomstick as needed and post time and load to comments. (Subbed 65# post 45#-55# form review/prax)

FR (feels great now...whew.)
M2+Burgener W/up+2x3 pullups (1st set w/ pronated grip, 2nd w/ supinated)

Warmup Reps w/ 45# (being very particular with form...felt pretty confident)
Warmup Reps w/ 55# (still felt good so...)

@ 65# for 6 x 5 : 8:45

Bit of a Finisher:

Pullups (first pronated grip, then supinated grip) alternated with Supine Rows (supinated grip, legs bent): 4/5; 5:5...3/4; 5:5...3/3, 5:5

Lateral Aspect of Bicep started to feel inflamed toward the end...have to be careful there. But the pullups feel better, more confident, or something like that. I really like the C&J...but found my wrists were hurting a ton by the last set of 5. Anybody else feel that? Next time I'd like to do 75#. I'm glad I could do these well though.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #68
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Saint View Post
Well done on the pullup progress. You'll be doing them unassisted in no time, and then you'll be really proud. Nothing impresses me about CrossFit more than the way women who do it well can rip pullups off better than most Marines. It's astonishing. Anyway, you'll get there.
One day, Tim, one day...

Thanks for the reminder, Steve. Done and done.

And yes, Bob...no shame in being a wuss in the CF world. I pretty much feel like completing anything round here is a feat in and of itself.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #69
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
TUESDAY, January 29, 2008, 10:30am, fasted since 6:30pm (fruitsandnuts):

"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

Use 95 pounds, 65 pounds or broomstick as needed and post time and load to comments. (Subbed 65# post 45#-55# form review/prax)

FR (feels great now...whew.)
M2+Burgener W/up+2x3 pullups (1st set w/ pronated grip, 2nd w/ supinated)

Warmup Reps w/ 45# (being very particular with form...felt pretty confident)
Warmup Reps w/ 55# (still felt good so...)

@ 65# for 6 x 5 : 8:45

Bit of a Finisher:

Pullups (first pronated grip, then supinated grip) alternated with Supine Rows (supinated grip, legs bent): 4/5; 5:5...3/4; 5:5...3/3, 5:5

Lateral Aspect of Bicep started to feel inflamed toward the end...have to be careful there. But the pullups feel better, more confident, or something like that. I really like the C&J...but found my wrists were hurting a ton by the last set of 5. Anybody else feel that? Next time I'd like to do 75#. I'm glad I could do these well though.
Wow. uh, Wow. Wow.

Wow.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #70
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
Wow. uh, Wow. Wow.

Wow.
Delita, I pretty much love you! THANKS. Wait for Kelly Moore to post her x tho. Haha...