CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
bill fox

Profile:

The RKC cert was outstanding. For me, the main thing was the Pavel,the senior instructors and the students. Having 3 years of doing KBs with 2 senior instructors who also happen to be good friends and training partners, I didn't really learn too much in terms of my performance of KB drills. But the teaching technology, remedial drills, analysis of problems, and how to solve them was incredible. Also seeing the seniors using the 40kg like a 16kg was cool.

Did a couple of CF style workouts - one 15 straight minutes of KB walking swings and bear crawls, another 12 minutes of continuous drills with out putting down the bell, another of one squat thrust over a bell, clean it, swing it, squatthrust, other side for 10 minutes or so.

People from New Zealand, UK, Italy, Russia etc....very open and into it. Some ex spec ops types. Donnie Thompson, one of the strongest humans that walks the planet - no ego -getting smoked by Maxwell. And 75 and sunny in Minnasota - what's not to like.

So how was CF - next for me.

Bill
Old 04-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
I'm only in critical distress going down the stairs. The rest of the time I'm just a hurting unit.

B2B Tabatas smoked my quads (my scores were something like 21, 19, 18, 12, 5, 1, 0, 8) and Big Phat Helen torched my calves.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Lincoln,
Glad you made it up there. I'm guessing you aren't the only one having fond memories of the weekend everytime you go down stairs.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 AM   #4
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Hey Jeff - Your boy has a nice hook! As usual, he did well all weekend but I took more notice than usual when John Hackleman was teaching us punching and kicking and Connor was one of the most powerful there -especially for his size. (John, by the way, drove all the way from Las Vegas the morning after cornering for Chuck Liddel to teach us at Crossfit - pretty special!)
Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Bill - Eugene took "official" notes for us. He has something like 15 pages he promised to post here in community in the next couple days. Look for the title something like "crossfit seminar April"
Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
bill fox

Profile:

Cool, I'll look for that. If anyone's interested in more details on the RKC that aren't "double secret" I'm glad to answer.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:16 AM   #7
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Jeff,
Connor kicked butt, no lie. David did well, too. Having them there was a big contribution to the synergy of the group.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #8
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Those are nice compliments, I'm sure he will appreciate them. Connor routinely has to spar people who out weigh him by 40-50# so he's really paid attention to the lessons on how to generate power in his punches. We're going to talk about that at our seminar next month.
Lincoln, David is a great athelete. He recently broke Connors school sit up record with a 98 in one minute, and coach didn't challenge it this time. He also has run a 2:10 half mile.
Connor and Davids PE coach has offered to let them run the PE class the last two weeks of the year!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Ha! That's one way for your classmates to remember you over the summer, as they recover!

2:10 as a 14 year old? I ran a 2:11 as an 18 year old and was damn happy with that!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 AM   #10
Dan Silver

Profile:

My new idea is to make Super-Connor t-shirts. He truly is the Boy Wonder.

Kept having to chase him away from the kegs though.

-D.