CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
Mike Ryan

Profile:
I have some family in Fullerton and the wife and I were contemplating a visit later this year if things go well. I was thinking that it would be a good opportunity to stay a few extra days and coordinate the vacation with a seminar. Only problem is that all you mutants out there scare the hell out of me. What level of fitness does one have to be at to be worthy of attending a certification seminar? Seriously, would it be worth the investment of time and money if I am not yet "there." Are there any benchmarks on the girls that would be an indication of readiness? I guess it is mostly a timing question...when will I get the most out of it?

Mike.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Just come. When I did my CF certification I couldn't yet do a pullup and I couldn't run a mile without stopping. I still managed to learn a ton and have a great time. It also helped me to continue my training with a better idea of what crossfit is and what I was trying to work towards. I wasn't the one with the "lowest" fitness level there either. Though what I love about crossfit is that, just as you always can find your weaknesses, you can also find your strengths. So I didn't look like a dweeb the whole time. I even did a decent fight gone bad and I hadn't even learned all the exercises in it at that time (thanks again to Mike Minium - I will never forget your coaching me through that!)
Old 06-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
Dan Silver

Profile:

Doesn't matter. Just go, it's a blast.

-D.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Having done only a 1 day seminar, I can still tell you it's well worth it to hear Coach in person.
As for the travel arrangements; you do realize it's a good 350 from Fullerton to Santa Cruz, don't you?

When in Fullerton, go to the Outdoor Market on Thursday night. Good beer on tap and a general good time.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
Mike Ryan

Profile:
I know its a hike, but what is another 350 when its 3000 from MA to CA? Thanks for the recommendations everyone. If we make the trip I will try to schedule it to match a seminar.

MIke.