CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Samy Daghir

Profile:
Re: "I don't care if I live or die--I'm looking for something"

I am going to see if there is a way I can change the thread title, it was supposed to be a witty joke involving GTA4 but looking at it now it makes me sort of feel like a meat head haha. Anyway, I don't want to miss out on anyone's ideas so I'll come up with something a little bit more inviting.

I am also going to start putting up all the ideas that I am implementing with training the rest of the guys on our team, most of it is directly related to Crossfit. I would love everyone to pick it apart even more than my own workouts because the wellfare of the other guys I train with is paramount, it's important to me that I am giving them all the instruction on the technical movements as well as teaching as much about the philosophies and protocols of this stuff as possible so beat me down if I miss stuff.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
Samy Daghir

Profile:

OK, what I am working on right now is putting together a technique board for the basics on the powerlifting movements and kettlebell movements. Is there a source on Crossfit or an affiliated site where I would be able to find images of the movements outside of a completed slide show to print out and post on a wall?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #13
David Wood

Profile:

I don't think you can change the thread title yourself, but PM me if and when you know what you want it changed to.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
I don't think you can change the thread title yourself, but PM me if and when you know what you want it changed to.
-Well now that you put me on the spot I really can't think of any witty or amazing title, maybe someone else can come up with something good.
-Ok, here's today's training routine that nearly killed me.

Monday 430am
Tabata Quad-something-athlon Day (a.k.a. bored as sh%t with the same cardio machines)
Run: 6 Miles-I didn't mention it before but this is my base mileage right now, I can haul through it no problem day in and day out and you will see the overall mileage in the mornings will fluctuate each day, I wouldn't run if I didn't really actually enjoy it but over many years of sucking wind I finally discovered what a runner's high is.
-I modified the tabata workouts to a 3x3 system so they would fit in the
21-15-9 descending sets and then I just used three different machines for each and rotated until Pukie began to knock on my epiglotis.
-So it went like this
1. C2 Rowing Machine
2. Stationary Bike
3. Wierd Bike with Moving Arm Parts (looks like some sory of elliptical hybrid...)
-21 minutes 3 minutes solid pace x 3 minutes of 20work/10rest for a total of Pace/Tabata/Pace/Tabata/Pace/Tabata/Pace
-15 minutes on each machine using the same breakdown of 3 minute sets with pace/tabata alternations
-9 minutes on each machine using the same breakdown of 3 minute sets with pace/tabata alternations

Monday Night 630pm
-About the same full body circuit (listed in the first couple of posts with different exercises constantly making the cut) as fast as possible with runs on the treadmill to break it up (3 miles total today no less than 7mph and always at least 1% incline)
-I know you are all having aneurysms because I do curls and calf raises, but by now this is more like a total and complete warmup for me and I always want to do it before I go crazy with something truly challenging like what followed...
C2 and Friends Workout:
-1000m Rowing
-21 reps of
Thrusters (1-pood Kettlebell in each arm, my kb is named Rummy just so you know, I am not sure who the other hitchhiker was)
Pullups
Burpees
-1000m Rowing
-15 reps of the same three movements/exercises
-1000m Rowing
-9 Reps of the same three movements/exercises
-1000m Rowing

This was insanely hard, especially substituting the kettlebells which are 15 lbs less than the rx'd 95 lbd barbell, strange but satisfying. That transitions were the worse I think, definitely saw my little spots today.
I'm not sure how long it took I completely lost track of time without my stopwatch and no partner today (he is in arizona til weds) so forgive me. I do know that all the rowing was well under 5 minutes. I set damper consistently on 5, I figure if I can't really tell the difference then I'll just aim middle and hope it's a good workout...and it has been for the last month that I've been using it.
Hope everyone elses' training went off the wall, feel free to hijack this thread with your own routines and stuff.

Last edited by Samy Daghir : 05-12-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #15
David Wood

Profile:

These really are some insane workouts; I hope you don't burn out.

I once found myself in a typical hotel gym (machines only) BUT they had a C2 rower.

Did 10 x 500m row with 20 burpees between each one. Took about 35 minutes and damn near killed me.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Tim Luby

Profile:

Don't change that title. I think it rocks! Seriously.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #17
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
These really are some insane workouts; I hope you don't burn out.

I once found myself in a typical hotel gym (machines only) BUT they had a C2 rower.

Did 10 x 500m row with 20 burpees between each one. Took about 35 minutes and damn near killed me.
-I have to say that sometimes the most obscure workouts end up being the most creative, and those are the ones I sort of find myself trying to replicate sometimes. Those times when you think training is going to be ***** as hell and you ALMOST walk away haha. Next thing you know your are face first in the porcelain altar. (or you puke on the nice hotel carpet)
-p.s. now I have to try your workout, just on principal alone because it looks like it will hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Luby View Post
Don't change that title. I think it rocks! Seriously.
-Very well, sir, it shall remain, until death or discovery.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #18
Stephen Smith

Profile:

Hey Samy, sorry if I gave you a complex over the title back with my first post... It's hardcore, but in a good way! That, and I haven't played any of the GTA games so the joke was lost on me.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 AM   #19
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Smith View Post
Hey Samy, sorry if I gave you a complex over the title back with my first post... It's hardcore, but in a good way! That, and I haven't played any of the GTA games so the joke was lost on me.
No worries, complexes can maybe work out for the better, they become the voices that make me work harder. I actually haven't played the game either I just heard the line on a commercial in a thick Russian accent and I couldn't stop saying it. So what if I'm a child inside haha.

Tuesday's 6am Hell
I actually had more lined up for this morning, the only reason I stopped was because my calves and hammies cramped u like you would not believe. They are fine now, after some good hydrating and deep contract/relax principle stretching. Plus, now I have a bonus segment to drop on the rest of the fighters later this afternoon.

I guess I'll call this run Speed Hills, even though its on a treadmill you'll get the jist of why.

Run 4+ miles total (using a 1% incline on a treadmill)
10:00 warmup run (no faster than 7.5mph)
1:00 sets-mph's as follows:5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6/5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6mph
0:30 sets-mph's as follows:5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6/5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6mph0:15 sets-mph's as follows:5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6/5/6/7/8/9/10/9/8/7/6mph

Thanks to some good planning as soon as I jump off the treadmill, lil ol' "Rummy" (1-pood) and his fatter freind (shy, and nameless 2-pood) kettlebells await me along with a jumprope and this little gem of a routine.

Rope Drills and 21-15-9 Rep Protocol
Set 1:
3:00 Speed Rope
21 reps of:KB Swings (left handed)/ KB Swings (right handed)/ Sumo-Deadlift/ High-pull (2-pood)
2:00 Speed Rope
15 reps of: Same as above
1:00 Speed Rope
9 reps of:Same as above
Set 2:
21 reps of:KB Snatch (left handed)/ KB Snatch (right handed)/ Halo Drill (starting at right hip and ending at left is one repetition)
Set 3:
21 reps of:KB Clean-and-Press(left handed)/ KB Clean-and-Press(right handed)/ Under-Leg passesd (both ways)

By now I am just being stubborn as hell and igoring the fact that the rope drills are half and half with me landing flat footed because my calves are siezing up, I was ****ed though because I still had some wind left and I really could have done much better I think in the last leg which is kind of where I put a lot of the movements that I am trying to gain a better understanding of and proficiency with before I start hammering myself with them.
An example would be using the ham-glute for situps is more technical than I thought as far as taking care to prevent injury and the like, plus there are tons of variation that I am dying to try. I have also been putting a lot of work into the rowing, trying to do my best with form and efficiency.

-Row 1000m warmup
-Perform 15 reps of the named exercises
-Row 1000m
-Perform 10 reps of the named exercises
-Row 1000m
-Perform 5 reps of the named exercises
-Row 1000m and cooldown

-The exercises used today:
1.Thrusters with 35lb KB in each hand
2.Towel and L-Pullups
3.Burpees with a 24'' box jump
4.Plyometric Pushups with 10'' jump ups (basically clappers without the clap and landing on top of a cinder block)
5.Ham-glute for Back extensions
6.Ham-glute for Sit-ups (question: is the Ham-glute also known as a Roman Chair? or is that something different?)
7.Leg raises (both knees to elbows and then shins to bar)
8.Sand bag clean and press
Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #20
Daniel Gilliam

Profile:

As requested:

here's a "helen" inspired one:
5 rds for time of:
400 meter run
30 KB swings (I have a 35lber)
20 pushups

and here's another that i did on friday: for time