CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Daniel Travis Phillips

Profile:
The hour after...

I was wondering about this rumour I had read/heard about concerning eating after a workout. Now, is there any truth to it being better for you, if you're trying to lose weight, to wait an hour after your workout before eating? So that the body takes from itself instead of the food you'd be eating?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

Cheers,
Travis
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Carlos Cristan

Profile:
Re: The hour after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Travis Phillips View Post
I was wondering about this rumour I had read/heard about concerning eating after a workout. Now, is there any truth to it being better for you, if you're trying to lose weight, to wait an hour after your workout before eating? So that the body takes from itself instead of the food you'd be eating?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

Cheers,
Travis
I read the same thing in "Enter The Zone" I believe. Something dealing with your body's thermogenisis being turned up after working out, and eating something right away, causes changes in blood sugar / insulin levels and screws it up. Back in the day when I was doing regular Muscle & Fitness type workouts I always believed that you could eat anything immediately after a workout.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Geoff Sallee

Profile:
Re: The hour after...

Not sure if that's true, as I eat about a half-hour after my morning WOD, and I've lost 20 pounds so far. I doubt it matters *that* much.