CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #51
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Re: JG Workout Log

Sunday 070902

3 X CFWU

Five rounds for time of:
30 crunches
25 barbell good mornings

7:18

This one wasn't overly taxing. I think I had kipping pullups for a while, but lost the motion. I'll just keep working on those.

Body feeling a little beat up, glad today was light.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #52
Jack Gayton

Profile:

"Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow."

Mark Twight

I was reading through gym jones site and came across an article written by Mark Twight. "Twitching". It was like a slap in the face. Read it twice.

He spoke of being tied to certain things, college leads to a job that is nothing more than the path of least resistance. Add a sweetheart, pro-create once or twice. A mortgage, couple cars.. Next thing you know. You are a monkey in a cubicle worried if your sales numbers are going to upset your vp (I'm paraphrasing to suit my own circumstances, but that's about the gist)

I love my wife, love my child and (god willing) the one on the way. But, I feel trapped. I don't love my job, but I have no idea what else to do. So what? Right? Go hard.. Get some, get some more. Turn what I'm doing with crossfit loose on other aspects of my life.

I hate my job, but it's my job. Go in, bang out what needs to be done. Don't cut corners or be timid. Then leave. Every day. Enough of the game. Listen to my own thoughts, be honest and it will come. I'll find what I want to do, only question will be having the stones to do it.

Screw GQ. Cut my hair short because it's the easiest way to maintain, and I like it. Forget what askmen dot com says. I don't need another pair of khakis or dress pants. My running sneakers are fine. These things do not define me.

Let my actions speak rather than my words. Drink my coffee black and feel it.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 AM   #53
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Monday 070903
"Nancy"

CFWU X 3

Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps (modified bar only)

19:58

Actually did 6 rounds.. After round 1 must have forgotten to turn off treadmill. Stepped on the back at 8.2mph.. immediately fell, hit the front and flew off the back against the wall. Ha! Had to collect myself as my wife came downstairs worried. Nice little road rash tomorrow. Started over..

What a great workout to end the 3 day cycle.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #54
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Wednesday 070905

2 mile run: 16:00 (awful.. lost focus)

"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds (mod - 95 lbs)
Ring dips (mod - pushups)

12:20

Humbling.. 40 lbs shy of the rx and it still whupped me. Another workout completed w/ me lying on the basement floor listening to my heartbeat.

*cleans still aren't right. I'm supporting all the weight w/ my arms in the squat. Need to focus on form
Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #55
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Thursday 070906
"Helen"

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings - (Mod 25 lb plate)
12 Pull-ups

11:30

Followed by some running. I can't run good times after these workouts. I was sucking wind doing 1 8 minute mile. The workout just burns out you. I love it.

Did the exact same workout in late July to 14:39.. Shaved almost 3 minutes off my time. Sweeeeet.

Next time I'm going up to a 45 lb plate. That should whup me good.

I'm hoping for a non-leg WOD tomorrow as I have an 8K on Saturday.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #56
Jack Gayton

Profile:

WOD is calling for the flithy 50. I'll have to wait until next time around. Tomorrow is my 8K race. I debated doing some sort of workout today, but I think I just need a rest day. Last two days I went all out and tomorrow will be a hard run. My forearms are hurting from those plate swings yesterday.. Never experienced soreness in these muscles before.

Goal tomorrow is to come in under 40:00. I think that's really going to be a challenge, but it's all mental. I have to get into "my pace" and just keep running till the end. Don't let the voices get in my head and tell me to walk or back off.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #57
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Montgomery Day 8K

40:04

My goal was under 40, so I really can't complain. I never ran this race before so I didn't know where the finish was. I was planning on sprinting the last leg, but the finish line came out of nowhere and I couldn't get in under 40. Felt great though. There were a lot of hills, so I'm happy w/ the accomplishment.

I can't wait to post my time next year.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #58
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Sunday 070909

Back Squat
5-5-5-5-5

Actual WOD is front squats, but I'm focusing on what I consider core lifts for the time being..

Threw in 5 extra at 185 and 10 at 135 to make sure I truly got the burn.

Good times.. 8K yesterday followed by heavy squats. Perfect excuse to spend a sunday afternoon on the couch watching the Jets game.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #59
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Monday 070910
Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps

shoulder press
95-115-125-135 (pr)-125

push press
105-115-125(f)-115-115

push jerk
95-105-95-95-105

I don't think I was generating enough momentum. I should be doing more on the press and jerk than regular press. Just note for next time. This was still a good pump for the shoulders and tri's.

My legs are hurting from past two days.. someone bet tomorrow would be a 5K. I hope not..
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #60
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Tuesday 070911

"Filthy Fifty" - Modified
50 jump squats
50 jumping pullups
50 plate swings (did 25 - pain in right arm)
50 walking lunges
50 crunches
50 push press - 45lbs
50 barbell good mornings
50 wall ball
50 burpees
50 squats

24:21

this one came up last week and i passed since i was running an 8K the next day. my right shoulder is a little sore, i'm tired.. so, started thinking about taking a rest day.... eff that. nothing like a brutal workout to get you centered.

i kept thinking this wasn't too bad until i hit the burpees. those are nasty. looking forward to a day off. i don't think tomorrow will be one of those days where i'm antsy for a workout. need rest.