CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 01-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Jacob McBride

Profile:
A workout that will consistently beat the **** out of you

I'm a newbie to CrossFit (as some of you know), and I'd just like to say, I never in my life imagined I'd be completely annihilated and sweating unbelievably from a workout consisting only of air squats, push ups and pull ups. Now that it's actually happened, I know how ignorant I was (and still am). I don't know what it is about feeling completely horrible that I find so exciting, but I'm definitey enjoying the 3 days of CrossFit I've done so far.

EDIT: And thanks to Steven Low for making it so easy to get into it. LOVE the community here.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Geoff Sallee

Profile:
Re: A workout that will consistently beat the **** out of you

Cindy was not kind to me either (and I only managed 9 rounds) but I felt great when I was done. It looked simple too. I thought it would be fun, but no, only brutal.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Congrats for discovering this stuff dude. I've been familiar with CF for about a year and doing it regularly for the past 4-6 months. It changed my life in many great ways and I'm sure it will do the same for you.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Jacob McBride

Profile:

we'll see how it changes my life next December when my coach decides who's running competition/travelling and who's sticking to practice.

Given what I've experienced so far, though, I'm pretty damn hopeful, and the only thing I can see stopping me from running a 400m under 50 seconds by next December is if I stop lifting or, more importantly, stop running and stop doing CrossFit.

Last edited by Jacob McBride; 01-09-2008 at 02:13 PM..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Steven Bourdage

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Sallee View Post
Cindy was not kind to me either (and I only managed 9 rounds) but I felt great when I was done. It looked simple too. I thought it would be fun, but no, only brutal.
The ones that look the simplest on paper will most likely always be the hardest...trust me
Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
Geoff Sallee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Bourdage View Post
The ones that look the simplest on paper will most likely always be the hardest...trust me
I will not doubt that any more
Old 01-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
Brent Kinmore

Profile:

I know what you mean. I get beat up for three days, but on my rest day, I can't wait to see what I have to do next. I'm still using the "Gravitron" to help with my pull ups and dips, but getting better. Unknowingly, I've been getting stronger. Just did 5 sets of 4 reps each for 135lb bench. Never did that before. Always watched guys "warm up" with this weight and felt weak 'cuz I couldn't do it. Thanks CF. I think it's the variety of workouts that keeps my very interested.