CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Spirulina???

Anyone take this supplement? It's suppose to give you the same nutrients as a few servings of vegetables. I know it's not like eating real food, just curious if anyone has or does take it and what results if any they got from it.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Shannon Mullens

Profile:
Re: Spirulina???

I add it to things - there's a surprising amount of protein in spirulina too, and it's very healthy. I don't use it to replace eating real food, but if I'm starting to get the munchies I can use it if I don't have a snack readily available, and it curbs the need to eat until I can grab something healthy.

I'm just starting to take it readily though, so I'm about 26 days (give or take a few hours) away from having a personal experience. But doing some research yields a lot of good nutritional information - it's usually about 65-70% protein, not carbs, just FYI.