CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #961
Matt Hitt

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnie Smith View Post
Tamara...

You bring up something I have been meaning to get some clarity on. Vinegar!!! Obviously it isnt considered paleo, but I do wonder about the nutritional effects that it has? Do you know anything about this?
I've always wondered about vinegar as well. Cordain doesn't explain it very well in the paleo diet.

Tamara: No booze at all for 90 days Good luck!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #962
Bryan Tarlowski

Profile:

To those who do most their cooking on sunday and tupperware it for the following week: What's some of your favorite recipes? I need a solid lunch this week.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #963
Monnie Smith

Profile:

Bryan,

I do all of my cooking on Sundays as well, unfortunately I am not very creative.

I usually get two cooked chickens from costco and peel off skin and other fat and then peel all the meat off the bones (this must be done when still warm). These buggers are actually pretty delicious and can be warmed up through out the week. I also get some pork loins and grill them with garlic pepper. Thats pretty much the protein source throughout the week. Other than that I get carrots and fruit for carbs, macadamia nuts for fat. I also use coconut milk as a fat source.

Any suggestions would be helpful to broaden my options but that is what I have been doing for sometime.

I am actually going try sweet potatoes this week. I hated them as a kid but I am thinking my fruit intake might be a little high and Robb Wolf seems to think this is a good carb option.

What are other peoples thoughts on fruit intake?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #964
Matt Hitt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Tarlowski View Post
To those who do most their cooking on sunday and tupperware it for the following week: What's some of your favorite recipes? I need a solid lunch this week.
Grab a whole pork shoulder (usually DIRT cheap), toss it the slow cooker/225 oven with beer (or some tasty paleo broth like liquid), liquid smoke and a few tablespoons of sea salt. Cook until falling apart (internal temp of around 190 degrees), and you've got close to 10 pounds of hawaiian style kahlua pork. It rules. I may make some today.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #965
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnie Smith View Post
Tamara...

You bring up something I have been meaning to get some clarity on. Vinegar!!! Obviously it isnt considered paleo, but I do wonder about the nutritional effects that it has? Do you know anything about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hitt View Post
I've always wondered about vinegar as well. Cordain doesn't explain it very well in the paleo diet.

Tamara: No booze at all for 90 days Good luck!
I have to say, I haven't done all the research on vinegar, and there seems to be mixed feelings on it. Some of it has to do with it contributing to yeast growth in the body. I consume such a small amount of it, that I don't let it bug me.

Yeah, Matt, 90 days...no booze...well, 2.5 days down and 87.5 more to go .
Old 01-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #966
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
87.5 more to go .
But who's counting!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #967
Tabitha Gioimo

Profile:

Hey everyone! I am totally diggin' this thread

I started my 30 days today and I am looking forward to seeing where my results are at in 29 days!
I think my biggest challenges will be my current late night ice cream addiction and the frequent migraines I get (I tend to blind dive into the starches when I get bad headaches or migraines for some reason).
Day 1 and I have already discovered a new food- avocado- I am embarrassed to say I have never tried one before!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #968
Matt Hitt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha Gioimo View Post

Hey everyone! I am totally diggin' this thread

I started my 30 days today and I am looking forward to seeing where my results are at in 29 days!
I think my biggest challenges will be my current late night ice cream addiction and the frequent migraines I get (I tend to blind dive into the starches when I get bad headaches or migraines for some reason).
Day 1 and I have already discovered a new food- avocado- I am embarrassed to say I have never tried one before!
Welcome aboard Tabitha! For everyone, CrossFitNYC is doing a 30 days of paleo challenge for their members, and are posting numerous paleo-specific links Monday-Friday (www.crossfitnyc.com WFS)
Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #969
Jessica Hall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Tarlowski View Post
My fav meals are
Bunless Burgers
Turkey and mango salsa
Beef Stew

This looks good but I havent tried it
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/moroc...ken-casserole/

Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #970
Jessica Hall

Profile:

Well Im on day three now. Its great that my body has quicky returned to the swing of things, not getting headaches this time or cravings as bad. I forgot how little sleep your body wants. Went to bed at 10:30pm and woke up at 4:30am. Layed in bed til 5:20 then up and off to do my first CF session in two weeks. I defianlty noticed a big difference, got some work to do.
How is everyone else going?
How is the no drinking Tamara?