CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
James Rios

Profile:
tabata+SCHOOL= rhabdo?

First i know Tabata something else was a while back in the WOD line up but i can only do body weight stuff or nothing at skool
So i did the Tabata Something else at SCHOOL on thurs. It is now saturday and i am having some of the worst soreness in my life in my Lats... Googled and searched here for some rhabdo symptoms and could only find minimal information on symptoms. lots of stuff on what it is and why it is dangerous but no symptom or diagnozing info...

from what i DID gather:
the only "definite" symptom i found for me having rhabdo is that i have almost NO range of motion in stretching the muscle. Ex. i can't scratch my head without pain...
i dont think it is swollen but it is kind of hard to tell cuz of the location of the ailing muscle
all my other muscles (chest abs legs bicepts tricepts) are getting better at a much faster rate.
i took an advil thinking the anti inflamitory effects would help with the soreness but it did next to nothing.
oh and lastly i've been sleepy all day

im obviously taking a break from all workouts...

if im missing any important symptoms ask, so i can answer

My theory is that i DO have rhabdo in my lats but no where else BECAUSE i have been able to work the other areas at higher intensity more recently at karate practice or work...

SO is my theory correct do i have rhabdo? if so should i go to hosp.? or does it seem minor enough that i could just stay home and drink a grip of liquids and rest?

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 09-26-2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Charles Bennington

Profile:
Re: tabata+skool= rhabdo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rios View Post
First i know Tabata something else was a while back in the WOD line up but i can only do body weight stuff or nothing at skool
So i did the Tabata Something else at skool on thurs. It is now saturday and i am having some of the worst soreness in my life in my Lats... Googled and searched here for some rhabdo symptoms and could only find minimal information on symptoms. lots of stuff on what it is and why it is dangerous but no symptom or diagnozing info...

from what i DID gather:
the only "definite" symptom i found for me having rhabdo is that i have almost NO range of motion in stretching the muscle. Ex. i can't scratch my head without pain...
i dont think it is swollen but it is kind of hard to tell cuz of the location of the ailing muscle
all my other muscles (chest abs legs bicepts tricepts) are getting better at a much faster rate.
i took an advil thinking the anti inflamitory effects would help with the soreness but it did next to nothing.
oh and lastly i've been sleepy all day

im obviously taking a break from all workouts...

if im missing any important symptoms ask, so i can answer

My theory is that i DO have rhabdo in my lats but no where else cuz i have been able to work the other areas at higher intensity more recently at karate practice or work...

SO is my theory correct do i have rhabdo? if so should i go to hosp.? or does it seem minor enough that i could just stay home and drink a grip of liquids and rest?
How does your urine look?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
James Rios

Profile:

normal... Clear yellow. and not even that dark...
Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Sounds kind of similar to this.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35986 wfs
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
James Rios

Profile:

it does indeed sound very similar...
i just hope i dont have the same loss of strength...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Ted Apollo

Profile:

i am not a doctor i can't say what you have but if it's rhabdo it could be dangerous. it can cause kidney failure do to the high toxin levels your muscles build up after getting so torn up.

the hospital can check your CK, Creatine Kinase. levels to see if you have it. they use that to check heart attck patients.

good luck & let us know what's up