CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #111
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ashman View Post
yes, for the free food...

no?

dammit!
Wait, there's free food?!?!?!
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #112
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weighted Ring Pull-Ups
3 x 20lbs
3 x 30lbs
4 x 3 x 40lbs
5 x 1 x 40lbs

Weighted Ring Dips
3 x 20lbs
3 x 30lbs
3 x 3 x 40lbs

Front Lever and Back Lever Work

Felt strong until the last set of ring dips, that felt pretty much like the first time I was on the rings. Lever work was, unsurprisingly, weak. It was good though because I couldn't use bent arms. I'll do some kind of metcon later tonight.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #113
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Randy"
Power Snatch
75 x 75lbs
7:50

One hell of a smoker. One of the WODs that looks easy on paper. I know next time I'll set a much better time. I had a wonderful pacing figured out in advance, but you know how that goes...The first 10 were so easy I just went "fly and die."

And that's exactly what happened. By the time I made it to about 35-45 my lungs had a whole lot of catching up to do. As my grip gave out, compounded by the sweat on the bar- my hands started moving way in. Doing any kind of snatch that's much narrower than usual feels very strange.

Hahahaha re-reading that sentence just made me wonder where else in life could I get away with saying that?!

Fatigue was excellent at correcting form. The body had to work as one single unit in harmony. By the end of it, my barefoot jump/stomp onto a piece of plywood was louder than my iPod.

The neighbors sure get one hell of a kick out of me.

I was going to do some deadlifting, but my grip has quit. I didn't do a metcon last night so I still might do something else later.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #114
Jay Ashman
Member Jay Ashman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Babylon  NY
Posts: 1,736
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Randy"
Power Snatch
75 x 75lbs
7:50

One hell of a smoker. One of the WODs that looks easy on paper. I know next time I'll set a much better time. I had a wonderful pacing figured out in advance, but you know how that goes...The first 10 were so easy I just went "fly and die."

And that's exactly what happened. By the time I made it to about 35-45 my lungs had a whole lot of catching up to do. As my grip gave out, compounded by the sweat on the bar- my hands started moving way in. Doing any kind of snatch that's much narrower than usual feels very strange.

Hahahaha re-reading that sentence just made me wonder where else in life could I get away with saying that?!

Fatigue was excellent at correcting form. The body had to work as one single unit in harmony. By the end of it, my barefoot jump/stomp onto a piece of plywood was louder than my iPod.

The neighbors sure get one hell of a kick out of me.

I was going to do some deadlifting, but my grip has quit. I didn't do a metcon last night so I still might do something else later.
great workout man... and nice to the "snatch" comment. ha
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #115
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Randy"
Power Snatch
75 x 75lbs
7:50

Doing any kind of snatch that's much narrower than usual feels very strange.

Hahahaha re-reading that sentence just made me wonder where else in life could I get away with saying that?!
.
This was a popular workout among the guys of CF....it makes me wonder if ya'll were subconsciously drawn to it.....

Either way good work! I can't imagine what your neighbors must think of the crazy guy that lifts weights, stomps around, drags tires across the yard and swings around on his rings....
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #116
Jay Ashman
Member Jay Ashman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Babylon  NY
Posts: 1,736
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
This was a popular workout among the guys of CF....it makes me wonder if ya'll were subconsciously drawn to it.....

Either way good work! I can't imagine what your neighbors must think of the crazy guy that lifts weights, stomps around, drags tires across the yard and swings around on his rings....
if he was lucky he would have 21 year old coed's from a sorority as his neighbor so he can REALLY get motivated. ha.

but probably its some middle aged couple who think he is clinically insane
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #117
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
This was a popular workout among the guys of CF....it makes me wonder if ya'll were subconsciously drawn to it.....

Either way good work! I can't imagine what your neighbors must think of the crazy guy that lifts weights, stomps around, drags tires across the yard and swings around on his rings....

Subconsciously drawn to a large number of snatches...who me? No...

My upper body is fubar from the weighted ring work yesterday, but in a good way. Now I have to figure out what to do tomorrow.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #118
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clean and Push Jerk
1 x 135lbs
1 x 135lbs
1 x 155lbs
1 x 175lbs
1 x 185lbs
1 x 205lbs (fail)
1 x 185lbs

Metcon
5 Rounds For Time
Tire Drag
5 KB OHS 1 Pood Right Arm
5 KB OHS 1 Pood Left Arm
5 False Grip L Pull-Ups
11:02

Well as far as the Clean Push Jerks, I crushed 185. On 205 something didn't feel too spectacular in my lower back so I just dropped it. Kinda disappointed, but live to fight another day I guess.

The metcon was a brilliant concoction. The tire drag burned out my legs for the OHS and killed my grip for the FG L Pull-Ups. It was a good time.

My back was still not too happy after I finished. Went and took a contrast shower and then stretched. Got on the foam roller on my glutes to roll on to my back, "pop pop pop pop pop pop." My lower back was realigned quite quickly, but it felt very good.

I'm icing it right now. It's been feeling a little out of whack for a while. I might try and get into a chiropractor this week for an adjustment.

It feels like there is an issue somewhere between the top of my ilium and the bottom of my femur. What ever it is it's making my lower back, glute, and hamstring tight on my left side.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #119
Richard Vanmeerbeek
Member Richard Vanmeerbeek is offline
 
Richard Vanmeerbeek's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brussels  Belgium
Posts: 5,590
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Nice met-con concoctions

I hope you sort the back issue out, I want to see you crush some O-lifts and OHS !
__________________
25/6'2"/192lbs My Log
Complain less. Go harder. http://www.crossfitpowerfactory.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #120
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Chuck's Log: Forging Elite Vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clean and Push Jerk
1 x 135lbs
1 x 135lbs
1 x 155lbs
1 x 175lbs
1 x 185lbs
1 x 205lbs (fail)
1 x 185lbs

Metcon
5 Rounds For Time
Tire Drag
5 KB OHS 1 Pood Right Arm
5 KB OHS 1 Pood Left Arm
5 False Grip L Pull-Ups
11:02

Well as far as the Clean Push Jerks, I crushed 185. On 205 something didn't feel too spectacular in my lower back so I just dropped it. Kinda disappointed, but live to fight another day I guess.

The metcon was a brilliant concoction. The tire drag burned out my legs for the OHS and killed my grip for the FG L Pull-Ups. It was a good time.

My back was still not too happy after I finished. Went and took a contrast shower and then stretched. Got on the foam roller on my glutes to roll on to my back, "pop pop pop pop pop pop." My lower back was realigned quite quickly, but it felt very good.

I'm icing it right now. It's been feeling a little out of whack for a while. I might try and get into a chiropractor this week for an adjustment.

It feels like there is an issue somewhere between the top of my ilium and the bottom of my femur. What ever it is it's making my lower back, glute, and hamstring tight on my left side.
Nice job on the clean and push jerks. I am so in awe of all the guys and the friggin weights ya'll use. I wanna be that strong!!!!!

Everybody is having back issued at the moment in seems. But, I LOVE it when my back pops! Love it!!!!
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forging elitist fitness (in a good way) Kevin Mack Community 0 08-05-2008 09:40 PM
goals and elite fitness vs. elite athletes Steven Low Fitness 63 06-23-2008 05:53 PM
Odd nausia/vomiting long after workout. Roger Harrell Health and Medical Issues 8 12-14-2007 06:18 PM
Is it ok for affiliates to use the "Forging Elite Fitness" slogan? Matt DeMinico Running a CrossFit Facility 2 11-20-2007 07:45 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.