CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Michael Houghton

Profile:
CrossFit at the High School

Well, thought I'd share this. I've been coaching the Varsity Offensive Line at Paloma High School in Menifee, and I've been doing CrossFit style training for the conditioning portion of their workouts. I have also been coaching up their lifts in the weight room. It has been about 4 weeks since we started, maybe a little less. The guys started off with 4 rounds of 200m run, 25 squats. They were smoked afterwards. I have been making the workouts harder and harder, and the last workout we did was a team workout. In pairs, they had to complete 100 med ball cleans 15lb med ball, 200 pushups, 300 situps, 400 squats, run a mile. Only one person working out at a time. They made it. I'm so proud of these guys. The best part is that they have begun really competing to win, and pushing each other. I had another coach say that he's never seen them work so hard when they are conditioning. Anyways, I say all of that because last Saturday they went to the Lineman Challenge at Chino High School. There were 34 teams competeing against each other in things like the tire flip, bench press, etc. My linemen took 3rd overall! This, according to our head coach, is the best finish of any lineman challenge ever! WooHoo! They didn't even take top 10 last year. These guys will do anything and work their butts off. I just had to brag about them. Thanks, Coach, for everything you give us. P.S. I've used many things from the Patch Seminar that Coach Everett gave at UCR a few months ago. It was phenomenal. Thanks again!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Michael Blazek

Profile:
Re: CrossFit at the High School

Thats a great story.. Way to go getting your guys so motivated. I can't wait to hear about how they preform on the field. Personally I would think crossfit conditioning will make them so much strong in the 4th quarter than the Defensive line. They should dominate.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Michael Houghton

Profile:
Re: CrossFit at the High School

I hope they dominate. I know that they still have to push heavy weights around but I'm trying to get them to do more pull ups, and things like that. They will for sure be in shape, so hopefully it goes well.