CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
Kevin Scott

Profile:
Just got back from a steve cotter seminar here in Rochester NY. Just wanted to say he is an amazing kettlebell coach and his seminar was well worth the $50. I would recomend it to anyone who wants to make sure they are doing their technique properly.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Edward D. Friedman

Profile:
Glad you enjoyed it Kevin.

It seems to me that everyone who has met and/or trained with Steve has only positive things to say about him, as a person, teacher and athlete.

I've taken a couple of his FullKOntact seminars at higher price than you paid, ( double, if I recall correctly,) and still got a bargain. (considering his credentials, the cost of personal trainers per hour, etc.)

Understandably, especially as this is Steve's livlihood, there is probably some relationship between number of advanced registrants, travel & lodging expenses, length of training session(s), facility rental, etc. In any event, it sounds like you got a super deal.

Steve really offers tremendous value. His Encyclopedia of KB (www.shihan.com) at 7 hours length I believe, is probably THE KB reference DVD. His FullKOntact DVD series are great for martial artists. ( The opening clip of Vol. I alone is just about worth getting it for ! )

I understand he's developing new offerings as well, which I will definitely be looking out for. When it comes to training, his knowledge is broad and his insights are deep.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
Dan John

Profile:

Steve came out to Juan Diego (the high school I teach at) and we completely changed the way we were doing a couple of things. I don't know if you had time to also work with his "martial arts warmups," we call them "Frog Leaping," "Snake Squirming" and the like, but these are great additions to basic training. I have actually come up with a number of dry land things for our swim team to do (pool time is a real issue).

Steve is a good and decent guy and really going to be a force in the S and C circles.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Edward D. Friedman

Profile:
"Understandably, especially as this is Steve's livlihood, there is probably some relationship between number of advanced registrants, travel & lodging expenses, length of training session(s), facility rental, etc. In any event, it sounds like you got a super deal."

Probably obvious, but the above paragraph should read,"...some relationship between WORKSHOP/SEMINAR COST and number of ADVANCE registrants..."
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Steve is an awesome athlete and a great instructor. I recommend both his classes and his DVDs without reservation.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Michael Stehle

Profile:
We've had him out twice at our facilty in NJ. He did a level one and level two seminar, both outstanding.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #7
Bill Ripley

Profile:
Steve is one of the most amazing atheletes I have ever met and a wonderful human being as well.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #8
Charlie Reid

Profile:
likewise, steve cotter is a humble guy, very giving with his time and his knowledge and a real asset to the strength and conditioning community.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
Kevin Scott

Profile:
I'm looking to get some of his dvd's after taking the seminar. I definatly want the full kontact dvds and the encyclopedia. Just need to keep saving lol.