CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Lee Spalding

Profile:
New in Burlington, Ontario but moving

Hi there, I am currently in Burlington, Ontario, Canada but at the end of Oct. I am moving to West Flamborough (part of Hamilton now) with my wife and three boys.

I am new to CrossFit and like some others, I thought I was in good shape. I mountain bike and road bike a lot as well as 3x/week of sit ups, pull ups and push ups.

When I move, I will have a triple detached garage to set up a decent CrossFit workout area. I currently have a station that has pullup bar, dips, pushup and leg raise areas as well as an olympic bar with weights and a bench with squat attachment.
I plan on quickly adding plyo boxes (that I will make), rings, medicine ball and a climbing rope.

My first "official" WOD was the Tabata Everything that went like this:

I am 37 yrs. old and 185 lbs.
pullups - 5/3/3/2/3/2/1/1
pushups - 15/12/12/10/10/8/8
sit ups - 10/10/7/7/5/3/3
squats - 15/0/10/10/11/10/12/17
total - 225
The zero on the squats was for passout/puke avoidance..haha...but I think a farily respectable score for a newbie.

I really appreciate everyone's time and effort that is put into this site. Thanks a lot.
Lee