CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Thad Moren

Profile:  
Hey guys, just happened upon your web site/community via a web search on the random word "tabata" squat mentioned in a 2002 article in Dan John's Get Up lifting/throwing newsletter.

Most of my spinters/vaulters at Pitman High School, in Turlock, CA, completed a Tabata Squat workout on Wednesday (somehow renamed Japanese Squats by my eccentric weight room coach, who only remembers them as the "Die MF Die" squats from the online video.)

I JOINED THEM FOR THE SET, it is Saturday and I am barely able to move around with the use of my legs, yesterday was spent lifting my legs in and out of the car/chair/bed and basically just falling into the bathtub to try to warm them up.

Great stuff, your exercise list is currently snaking its' way through the football and track coaching community in Central California. The Wall Ball and Tabata Squats are the first to be implemented on a grand scale in my workout program with my track and field athletes. (the 'muscle up' rings are coming next for the vaulters.)

Thanks for the ideas and your community of sharing, will probably try to hit a clinic/seminar sometime on the coast.

Thad Moren
Head Track Coach
Pitman High School
Old 02-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Lisa Ray

Profile:
[face=verdana,arial,helvetica]Welcome, Thad! Come to the May seminar in Santa Cruz! We all love hearing that CrossFit is being recognized and implemented into the schools. You're one of the smart coaches out there and you will be a better coach from the training you'll receive at a seminar. Your eyes will be opened to where your own fitness can go-don't let your students pass you by! The community you'll be hooked into by getting involved with CrossFit will be a huge benefit to you as a coach. Good luck! Hope to see you in May![/face]