CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
Fiona

Profile:  
I had my first experience on rings last night, i knew it wasn't going to be easy but i didn't relise how much movement there was with then.It was so cool.Not that i could do much
I used the training rings they for the kids, standard size but which are only 1.5 m off the ground. Managed to do a supported L sit for about 5 seconds till i started shaking so bad i couldn't hold on anymore. Any sujestions

My efforts on the rope climb weren't so succesful , the whole fear of hights could hold me back
Any advice.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
SHANE WERNER

Profile:

fiona,

i too have a very strong dislike for anything higher then a step ladder. i think anyone who is not at least wary of hights has something wrong with them, but the best way to over come that fear is to not think about it. when climbing the robe consintrate on your grip and pulling one hand over another, the more you think about how high something is the more wigged out you will become, so destract your self. good luck.

shane
Old 06-13-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Fiona-

An L-sit on the rings of ANY duration is an impressive accomplishment. Work the movement frequently for just a few moments at a time and in a feww weeks it will feel much stronger. Once we attain Coach's standard of 3 min. in an L....I think leaping tall buildings and averting global disasters will seem like childs play! Good work!
Robb
Old 06-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
Tyler Hass

Profile:
Fiona,
That's awesome! Rings are by far the hardest surface for L-sits. I can do a decent v-sit on parallettes, but I get cut down to size really quick on rings. The more time you spend on the rings, the better you will get at controlling them. Just keep your arms straight and push your whole arm down through the rings. That will help keep them steady. Also, just keep them in tight.
You will figure all of this out on your own I'm sure. Have fun with your rings practice.
Tyler
www.ringtraining.com