CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Paul J. McMahon Jr.

Profile:
Miami, Gables, Grove? Anyone around South Florida?

Let me know if anyone is South of Miramar. I know that Miramar is the closest affiliate gym, but it is too far a commute. I'm hoping there is someone around the UM campus, Gables, Grove etc... that would like to do some WODs regularly. I'm finding it difficult to keep myself going when I'm only depending on me! ha-ha. I know Kennedy park has a good fitness trail and the UM gym is great too.

If you frequent the medical campus, even better. Their gym is brand new!

Thanks
-Paul
Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Jesse Deforrest

Profile:
Re: Miami, Gables, Grove? Anyone around South Florida?

Paul,

I live in the Gables and I train at Gold's on Galiano. I just moved here so I don't know the area all that well. Would I be allowed in to the UM gym?

Either way, let me know and we can workout a time to meet.

We are meeting again this sunday in the Ft. Lauderdale thread. Maybe we could car pool if you are interested.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Paul J. McMahon Jr.

Profile:

Hey Jesse,
Awesome, there is someone else down here. UM used to offer membership to people living in the Gables, but I'm not sure now. I do know you can just get a guest pass (10$ I think)if you are with a member.

Checked out the Lauderdale thing and it sounds cool. I'd like to go and meet everyone and have some people to train with, but I'm definitely in the same situation as you. I can't get up there during the week. What is the time/details for Sunday? I didn't see that info.

I'm pretty much free this weekend. I'll probably be busy tomorrow night and I need to get work done Saturday, but my schedule is flexible otherwise. Let me know what works for you. I don't usually get home from work 'till about 5pm(ish).

Later
Paul

Last edited by Paul J. McMahon Jr.; 11-29-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
Jesse Deforrest

Profile:

We met at 1 last Sunday. I'd like to meet a little earlier, but I believe Jeremy goes to church. Just check the Ft. Laud thread tomorrow and Saturday, we will get the details worked out.

I dont get home til around 5 too, but I drive straight to the gym from work. I have a set of rings and about 300lbs of steel plates. If you have a bar we could have a great park workout. Where is Kennedy Park?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Paul J. McMahon Jr.

Profile:

Hmm, well in the afternoon sunday won't work well for me, because I have a class I have to get to. Unfortunately I don't have a bar. I don't really have any of my own equipment aside from a pull-up bar and a heavy bag.

Kennedy Park is in Coconut Grove, on the bay, down about 100yds from Monty's on South Bayshore. They have about a .75 mi running loop with pull-up bars and other little set-ups along it (at least the last time I was there). I typically try to go to the gym after work as well because it is basically across the street from me. Maybe we can try to get a weekend group down here going or something?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Bill Russell

Profile:

Jorge Angulo is in Kendall. He is in the process of becoming an affiliate. Do a search on this board if you want to contact him.