CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
Mike Choate

Profile:
CROSSFIT in Modesto

We will be opening CROSSFIT Modesto in about a week, I am just waiting for the insurance certificate so I can fotward to crossfit headquarters with my affitiate fee. We have the building 2250 Sq ft industrial space, I have already built the pull up bars, squat/bench racks working on the GHD's, have bumpers, iron plates, kettlebells, med balls, tires ( big rig and tractor size), sledge hammers, plyo boxes, waiting on the rings and climbing ropes to arive and will have peg boards made this week. we will have Crossfit training, kettlebell classes, Boot Camp and will start adding MMA once we are up and running. We will have morning and afternoon classes and will have a kids class and womens only class running concurrent in the afternoon so the moms can get a workout while the kids are in the kids class.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Shawn Casey

Profile:
Re: CROSSFIT in Modesto

Hi Mike,

I don't live in Modesto anymore but I'm glad to see that crossfit has spread there. I'm in the Army and stationed in Germany right now. I'm going to have to drop in and get me a shirt when I come home on leave and get a kick *** workout in! I'll definitely let my people know in the area that your open.

Shawn Casey
Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Mike Choate

Profile:

Hey Shawn, as a fellow crossfiter and a member of the U.S. military you are allways welcome to come by and workout when you are here on leave. We are open and have the gym mostly complete and still working on it.

Mike

www.crossfitmodesto.com
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
James Forbes

Profile:

Mike,
I will be in the turlock area visiting family at the end of december. If I may, and have the time, I would love to come workout with you guys in modesto.

James
Old 12-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
Mike Choate

Profile:

James, we would be glad to have you. We just opened so for now it's just me the wife and Five of my kids doing full CF workouts but i have some newbies in my boot camp class which i am using to get them used to the crossfit workouts and i have a couple of my MA budies that are supposed to start soon so by the end of December we should have some regular Crossfiters if not then you and i can go at it hard.

mike
www.crossfitmodesto.com
Old 12-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Kevin Perry

Profile:

Hey Mike, good to see CF is expanding further up north, I don't live in Nor Cal anymore but I am from Tracy. Good luck with the facility.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
Cassi Nesmith

Profile:

Congradulations Mike.

I'm with DiabloCrossFit but I live in Stockton. I'd love to come by and check things out. It sounds like you're starting big!

Brian and Cassi
Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
Mike Choate

Profile:

Hi Brian & Cassi, please do come by some time, it would be good to meet some fellow crossfiters and get some input about our gym, give us a call at the gym 209-576-7650 or shoot me a PM and let know when your going to come by.