CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Power Clean PR 235#

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater(WFS)
I am doing the Power Clean at 6-8 seconds in this video. Just want some input on what can be fixed.

I failed on 240, couldn't get my arms around fast enough.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:42 AM   #2
Eric R Cohen

Profile:
Re: Power Clean PR 235#

It's really tough to give any constructive advice based on that video. It doesn't show your set up and it's just too short. You'll have better luck if you post a video that shows more, and a few examples as well.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
David Meverden

Profile:
Re: Power Clean PR 235#

He's right, you need a better video. But even from the 2 second clip your elbows are a glaring problem. You need to receive with the bar on the shoulders with the elbows up in the air.

If I were your coach I'd address any mobility issues, then have you do scarecrow cleans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKBPucHlzQ (WFS) at first holding nothing, just focusing on quickly swinging the elbows into the right position, then using a bar. After you got good at that I'd have you do Tall Cleans (though not dropping that far if you're just working on power cleans) to further reinforce fast elbows and dropping under the bar quickly: http://vimeo.com/48326359 (WFS).

There are other issues (like you bend your arms early) but right now just focus on the elbows and then getting a better video.