CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Aaron Brozon

Profile:
Level 1 seeking guidance

I completed my level 1 Trainer Certification on 7/4/11. There was a box a half hour away that I was attending when my schedule permitted. I was also training out of my house in my home garage. I started training a few people out of my house. The CF box closed down in August. I was hoping to utilize the owner for guidance, questions, programing, cues, etc. The box sold their equipment to the local mma gym and the other cfer's are following either the main site or someone elses training guide. They don't have a instructor.
I'm looking for ideas or guidance on where I can get some of my questions answered regarding these issues.
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Conner Packard

Profile:
Re: Level 1 seeking guidance

I don't mean to make your life more difficult at all. But it does seem like a lot of the questions you might want answered could be answered if you spent a few hours with the forum search tool and just browsing.

I was thinking about opening up a box, but after researching the forums and my local city website, it wouldn't be profitable for me in the short term (less than 5 years) and I don't particularly want to stay out here in this small college town for more than I have to.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

So what are your goals and what are your questions? There are lots of helpful knowledgeable people on this form if you are serious and want help.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner Packard View Post
I don't mean to make your life more difficult at all. But it does seem like a lot of the questions you might want answered could be answered if you spent a few hours with the forum search tool and just browsing.

I was thinking about opening up a box, but after researching the forums and my local city website, it wouldn't be profitable for me in the short term (less than 5 years) and I don't particularly want to stay out here in this small college town for more than I have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan McNamar View Post
So what are your goals and what are your questions? There are lots of helpful knowledgeable people on this form if you are serious and want help.
Agreed.
Figure out what your questions are. Search the forum using key words FIRST.
If you are unsuccessful finding answers, ask some questions here. But be warned, a lot of people have a short fuse for people who don't search first. if it looks like you know what you're talking about though, people generally have no problem giving you helpful advice.

good luck.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Aaron Brozon

Profile:

Thanks for the advice. I will check other threads on the forum and see if they give me some insight.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Maybe I'm just blind but I didn't see any questions in your post. Just statements. What are your questions?