CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #21
Kevin A. Smith

Profile:
Re: ClubReady versus MindBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Dickman View Post
I had some PMs from folks on the forum asking about CF Dashboard.
Here is a link of their landing page. Its WFS http://www.cfdashboard.com/

I have had several discussions with them. Great people, plus they are Crossfiters just like us.Their philosophy is simple (like CrossFit)...no BS. I really think this is the way to go for us, and if it's not we can cancel anytime, no commitment like the other programs out there. Cost may be slightly higher but for us worth it. We want to spend our time training and focusing on improving our athletes, the less time we have to spend on a computer and managing payments the better off we will be.
Terry - thanks for sharing that info. I'm currently in the process of assesing the pros and cons of Zenplanner and Mindbody and am hoping to get on-board with CF Dashboard for the beta test.

Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
danielle.murphy

Profile:
Re: ClubReady versus MindBody

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this discussion, and while I work in the marketing department at MINDBODY, and thus am probably a biased source, I'll do my best to try to answer some of the questions here objectively.

A few people have been discussing MINDBODY's merchant account processing. While you do not HAVE to use our merchant account, you will need to use ours in order to accept online payments. Otherwise, you can use whichever merchant account you want and 90% of our other features will work just fine.

With that said, we're not actually a merchant account processing company. So they're not our mainstay. We will try to work with you to get you the best rates possible. Here's a link to a document where you can read more about our Merchant Account Processing: http://www.mindbodyonline.com/files/...Y-MAP-2009.pdf

It seems a lot of CrossFitters end up choosing between ZenPlanner and MINDBODY. I'm no expert on ZenPlanner, but from what I've seen of it, it's a fairly solid scheduling software and a lot of CrossFit locations are happy with it. But (you knew there was going to be a but!), from what I can tell, it doesn't quite seem like ZenPlanner offers everything that you get with MINDBODY. But definitely make your decision based on personal preference, after checking out both options... not because of something you read on a discussion board.

Lastly, lots of posts on here mention getting set up with software before it's too late and you're drowning in admin work. I couldn't agree more. Software may initially take more time and cost more than running your business with pencil and paper, but starting early will hands down save you time, money and sanity later on.

Happy (software) hunting!
Danielle Murphy
Online Marketing Coordinator
MINDBODY, Inc.
danielle@mindbodyonline.com