CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
Andrew Bolliger

Profile:
Re: ClubReady versus MindBody

This is a great thread everybody... we are looking to start this automatic billing because our affiliate has grown quickly and collecting money is not something I want to do any longer! MBO still seems to be the best option but I waited so long (50-ish members) because I am too cheap to pay monthly fee's

One question: Who actually has success using the online class registration features of MBO, I think most of my clients would not go online and register for each class.

Thanks!

Andy
Crossfit Salem, OR
Old 11-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Kris Murphy

Profile:

Andy, I think you're going to get a lot of mixed answers on that question. We don't use it, but we can definitely see how it would be a benefit when member numbers get higher (100+). It's probably smart to start it now that way people are used to it when it's necessary to have.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Terry Dickman

Profile:

Hey Kris,
So does the $80 include your monthly fee? or just the interest in and transaction charges together?
Thx

Also wondering if anyone has an experience using just a merchant service for on line payments like UMS's Internet Payment Solution on this link, its WFS. http://www.umsbanking.com/retail_int...solutions.html
Old 11-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
Jonathan Kinnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bolliger View Post
One question: Who actually has success using the online class registration features of MBO, I think most of my clients would not go online and register for each class.
We use MBO and require everyone to sign up online at least 4 hours before the class starts. If you don't sign up, you can't work out. We do let people call last minute and add if something comes up, but this doesn't happen too often. We have ~100 members.

There was a little bit of grumbling when we transitioned to this, but people appreciate that the classes aren't overcrowded, and we appreciate knowing who is coming beforehand. We've found it makes people's attendance much more consistent when they know they have to schedule beforehand.

In general, we've noticed that our clients will do anything we make them do. If we make it optional, people tend to end up not doing it. We have progressively asked more and more from our clients as we've grown, and we keep getting better results, better retention, and faster growth. If a new policy really is going to make your gym better, you owe it to your clients to implement it. They'll thank you afterwards.

Last edited by Jonathan Kinnick : 11-17-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Quoting Andrew
Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #15
Kris Murphy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Dickman View Post
Hey Kris,
So does the $80 include your monthly fee? or just the interest in and transaction charges together?
Thx

Also wondering if anyone has an experience using just a merchant service for on line payments like UMS's Internet Payment Solution on this link, its WFS. http://www.umsbanking.com/retail_int...solutions.html

No, the monthly fee is $65, and that's separate from the merchant account charges. My point of view on cc charges may be a bit skewed. I used to own a retail store and my credit card fees were hundreds of dollars every month, so $80 doesn't feel like a lot to me. lol
Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #16
Mark Griffith

Profile:

I am happy with ZenPlanner. No issues that were not resolved with support!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
Terry Dickman

Profile:

We are signing up for the new soon to be released CF Dashboard. Designed for CrossFit affiliates by Crossfitters.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
Michael Pilhofer

Profile:

MBO for us and it have been well worth it. We didn't wait to reach a certain size, we set it and the systems in place from our 1st customer...which has been wonderful!
www.CrossFitMSP.com
Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #19
Terry Dickman

Profile:

I had some PMs from folks on the forum asking about CF Dashboard.
Here is a link of their landing page. Its WFS http://www.cfdashboard.com/

I have had several discussions with them. Great people, plus they are Crossfiters just like us.Their philosophy is simple (like CrossFit)...no BS. I really think this is the way to go for us, and if it's not we can cancel anytime, no commitment like the other programs out there. Cost may be slightly higher but for us worth it. We want to spend our time training and focusing on improving our athletes, the less time we have to spend on a computer and managing payments the better off we will be.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #20
Mark Griffith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pilhofer View Post
MBO for us and it have been well worth it. We didn't wait to reach a certain size, we set it and the systems in place from our 1st customer...which has been wonderful!
Yes, no matter what you get, start with it with your first client. We waited until going into the box, and it would have been better awhile back for sure.