CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #51
Ted Apollo

Profile:
Re: 30 day: burpee to pull up challenge (+2 a day)

half-way!

today (30) + previous (210) = total (240)
time = 4:47

i hope you can stick it out james. otherwise it will look silly me posting here everyday by myself. i understand the injury thing. i think you really pushed hard trying to catch up and that extra load might have caused that soreness. it's kinda interesting to see the difference between our two approaches and how the body responds. i thought about skipping a day to let the body rest & then catching up, but then i was worried that i would be twice as sore going into the next day.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #52
James Napier

Profile:

Ok Ted, I'm still here and would really like to say I've completed this challenge in another 14 days.
Today I just did sets of two and catch my breath, so another 32 in 8:21; a bit slower but I think its just exhaustion from the past several days. Joints are feeling a bit better today. By the way, based on total, we will be halfway done on day 20.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #53
Ted Apollo

Profile:

today (32) + previous (240) = total (272)

i decided to take this one super slow again today. so i didn't time it and i slogged through it.

i feel the same way james. i really want to follow through and finish.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #54
James Napier

Profile:

day 17 x2 = 34 churpees in 8:11; a little faster than yesterday; 10x3+4;

Thats not quite at tabata speed, more like 20sec:20sec, work:rest, since I do 3 in ~0:20 when tired. Maybe I'll switch to sets of 4 when I hit tabata speeds of 20:10 but I think that will take months at this rate. The best I've done recently was 12 in 1:00 but exhausted after.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #55
Clay Warford

Profile:

im confused. can someone explain how you do this? from reading all the posts, it seems people are going at it differently.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #56
Clay Warford

Profile:

the challenge part, not the movement. thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #57
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Warford View Post
im confused. can someone explain how you do this? from reading all the posts, it seems people are going at it differently.

well there really is only two of us doing the challenge actively. i think charles might be in. he was saying something about doing a monster day later in the challenge to catch up.

basically, the main point is to keep up with the overall total in the 30 days. so my poor friend james missed a few days and had to eat, sleep, and **** burpups for a few days. i, on the other hand, have done the rx'd amount everyday, but i have varied my tempos according to my bodies needs.

so you do 2 the first day, then 4 the second day, then 6 the third day, and so on... we are on day 17 so james did 34 today. i will do mine in the evening after all my other endurance training.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #58
James Napier

Profile:

Although I did eat, drink and **** burpups to makeup two missed days and felt good getting caught up, I don't think I want to go thru that hell again . While this is a rather low volume for a well seasoned crossfitter, I find it a bit challenging and may even be able to finish by doing daily allotments. Otherwise, I would prefer to do this every other day for recovery reasons alone. You will have to really listen to your body to determine if the daily load is not too much or if you should have recovery days and whether makeup days require yet further recovery days. After this is all done, I will take a couple recovery days and probably continue with a single max effort three days a week, increasing numbers slowly until I can do GI Jane or Joe. Hey I'm hopefull.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #59
Steven Bowser

Profile:

come on suck it up. I wish I would have catch this in the beginning. Sounds fun. I may implement this at my gym.
Great idea.
Suck it up and finish it off.
or as i say at the gym Bang it out
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #60
James Napier

Profile:

Ok, I'm going to try to suck it up; going from an average of 200 pullups a month and scalled wods to 930 pullups and burpees in one month.
Since this is only day 17 of the challenge, I invite you to buy in with 306 (GI Jane and Joe, and 6 kids - whole family). :stir:
Actually, I'm glad I'm in this challenge as I'm seeing and feeling fitness upgrades.