CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
David Wood

Profile:

Re: Practical Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Oleander View Post
ultimate frisbee is not two hours of sprinting...
Depends on how you play it. I've played it with a beer in my hand, and I've played like my life depended on it. Very different experiences.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
Chris Bate

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
Depends on how you play it. I've played it with a beer in my hand, and I've played like my life depended on it. Very different experiences.
I agree, it can make me winded when it's played competitively. The wrestling team likes to play it when practice is canceled... we include tackling
Old 06-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
Aaron Henderson

Profile:

Thanks to those who defended Ultimate Frisbee. With a 6 minute Fran and 10 minute Helen I thought I was at least in moderate/decent shape but a couple points into my first Ultimate game this summer and I was lying on the floor wondering if these guys were ever gonna take a water break!

Anyway, those who said "more rest" seem to be correct - I ended up sleeping 12 hours last night and not sure if my body is able to keep up with what I'm dishing out. I may have to take an extra day off this week.

I will try lessening the load on the strength days - it is good to know that I don't have to get to 3 exercises every strength day. When you're doing 5x5 with a couple of warmup sets, it takes a long time and really takes it out of you too.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
Alex Nisetich

Profile:

Well, I'm officially done with my old program, and after 5 days of testing my maxes, here are the results (first # is 1RM, # in brackets is 3x5 weight I stopped on, all weights in pounds):

Bench Press: 260 (210)
Back Squat: 355 (310)
Deadlift: 395 (305)
Power Clean: 215
Press: 165 (130)

I'm very happy with these results, all of which are lifetime PRs except the press, which ties a PR from last year, but is up 10 lbs. from a 1RM I attempted earlier this year. In preparation for the rugby season, I'm switching up my program to add in some short metcons, sprints, and endurance training. I'll post my new program once I have a definite template.
For anyone considering it, I highly recommend the program I used, lifted from Rippetoe's Practical Programming. I got stronger very quickly and I never ran into any trouble completing workouts or recovering from them.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Nisetich View Post
Well, I'm officially done with my old program, and after 5 days of testing my maxes, here are the results (first # is 1RM, # in brackets is 3x5 weight I stopped on, all weights in pounds):

Bench Press: 260 (210)
Back Squat: 355 (310)
Deadlift: 395 (305)
Power Clean: 215
Press: 165 (130)

I'm very happy with these results, all of which are lifetime PRs except the press, which ties a PR from last year, but is up 10 lbs. from a 1RM I attempted earlier this year. In preparation for the rugby season, I'm switching up my program to add in some short metcons, sprints, and endurance training. I'll post my new program once I have a definite template.
For anyone considering it, I highly recommend the program I used, lifted from Rippetoe's Practical Programming. I got stronger very quickly and I never ran into any trouble completing workouts or recovering from them.
Alex;
Very nice work.
I'll be moving from SS to PP come September.