CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #1
Amber Brooks

Profile:
end of week 1...

I just started Crossfit one week ago and I love it! Ive been reading through the other testimonials and this one isnt going to be as spectacular to some people as it is to me. Before Crossfit I really didnt do much in the way of working out mainly just leglifts and situps Ive been doing that off and on for about 6 months and of course have gotten no results. My major problem has been my right knee. I had a lateral release in Sept of 2005 and have been pretty dormant since then. Other than physical therapy that I do everyday which really doesnt help and hasnt changed anything since the week after my surgery. My husband has been doing cross fit for about 4 or so months and has had nothing but praises for the program (and cursing the workouts such as Saturday's Tabata something else) So I finally gave in last Friday and did one rep of Nasty girls and thought I was going to cry because squats just really hurt my knee. But after the intial pain I actually felt not so bad. So Sunday I did the Cross fit total and did squats with actual weight, not a lot of weight because my husband was worried about my knee, but after that workout I felt exceptionally good. In pain but good, and since then my knee doesnt really hurt, right after the workout it twitches but nothing really more serious than that. With my wimpy workouts (just the leg lifts) it would swell for about a day after I did the workout. But It has not swollen one time since I started crossfit. Im still not going down into the correct squat position, but everyday Im getting a little bit closer to it already I have major improvements from the 1/4 squats I was doing on my first Friday.