CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 11-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Oscar Mapula Jr.

Profile:
Angry First "Helen" results

13:21. I could have done better but, I did Cindy yesterday 10 rounds is 50 pullups, I really struggled to get pullups.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Steve Forman

Profile:
Re: First "Helen" results

you beat me! I was fresh and only did helen today in 16:41

that was my third time.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Martin McVitty

Profile:

don't be so worried, i did my first helen tonight in 15'11, so your time seems pretty good to me.

tho maybe if i hadn't been playin with my new rings before doing the wod i would've been quicker, ah well..next time
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Jack Gayton

Profile:

I wouldn't beat yourself up over that time. I started CF in July and did Helen in about 14:30.. That was w/ a 25 lb plate. Today I did it w/ a 45lb plate and did it in 13:47.. Just wait until this one rolls around next time. You'll make huge gains.

Good job!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
Jared Ashley

Profile:

Relax dude... my first helen (10/17/07) was 17:17. Two days later I did my first "fran" and came out at 12:40. Today, only 32 days later, I did my 2nd "fran"... 6:12!!! I'm guessing my time improves on Helen too

You'll get faster before you know it. And remember... it really doesn't matter how you stack up compared to the super-studs posting insane times. What matters is that you're consistantly hitting personal records.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Steven Bourdage

Profile:

My 3rd Helen today. LAst time was 10/15/07 and had a PR of 11:45.

Today 13:32 =(

Very frustrated as Helen is one of my favorites. How do you guys deal with setbacks? I was really planning on a PR today as all my other WODs have been going great!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Dale F. Saran

Profile:

Steven - I've been CF'ing for 2 years with near constant improvement, but every once in a while, it happens. A lot of times, you can pinpoint what was wrong leading up to it - no sleep the night prior, crappy diet for a few days, long week of work/stress, etc. Sometimes there's a minor variation that you might not have noticed or noted from the first time - i.e. doing it outdoors in the cold as opposed to inside on a treadmill (by the way, treadmill running is easier than ground running. Set your tm to 1.5-2.0% incline for equivalent "ground" running). And then, sometimes, you just didn't have it that day. That's okay, you're putting in the work.

I lost 1.5 mins off of my last Fran time after near constant PR's and times down below 4 mins. I'm not sure what happened. But, hey, it's better than eating donuts. Just keep at it, the results will come.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
Jack Gayton

Profile:

I agree w/ Dale. Anything can make a difference. I've been fighting a cold and it has really left me winded on runs. I think I could have done a lot better on "Helen" yesterday. I'd say as long as you are making gains the majority of the time, you're doing good.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #9
Steven Bourdage

Profile:

I figured I finished the WOD so that is probably better than 90% of the worlds population =)

But you know us CFers, we take that stuff personal. I think mentally I just wasn't there yesterday.

Next time Helen rolls around I should have a HUGE improvement over yesterdays time
Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
James Cavin

Profile:

Quote:
Set your tm to 1.5-2.0% incline for equivalent "ground" running).
Thanks a lot for that info Dale. I'm going to be doing my first "Helen" workout tomorrow and i'll be running on a treadmill.