CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-07-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
steven

Profile:  
Having coming from an endurance background the short intense crossfit style often leaves me thinking I should do more. Of course some of the workouts I cannot do with the prescribed weights so I am far from finding the workouts easy. Anyone doing any supplementary work? Seems a lot of martial artist/combat types use Crossfit. How about folks doing endurance type efforts?
Old 03-09-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
Jeff Reiser

Profile:
Do not take this the wrong way but I would suggest that you read or re- read the "Foundations" section of this website. This will explain how and why the WOD is all you need.
The WOD will cover your "main" conditioning needs all your other needs will be met by your sport skills training or your job skills training.

I hope this helps.
Also, the journal is extremely helpful.

In his name!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
steven

Profile:  
I get the journal and it is well done. I really want to hear from folks like cross country skiers or cyclists( my jones is mountain biking) and how they balance Crossfit and longer efforts. I don't race anymore but I like to be able to ride hard and dog out the young guys. While Crossfit workouts are great for overall fitness there is no way to be prepared for hard three hour rides except to ride.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:33 AM   #4
Jeff Reiser

Profile:
If I were you, I would do the crossfit workout on days when you do not ride. On an endurance training day, then do not do the WOD.

In his name.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:04 AM   #5
steven

Profile:  
Jeff,

That is pretty much what I was planning on doing.
Sometimes I still find myself wanting to do a bit more than the WOD so I do some rope jumping, dynamic stretching and kettlebells as a warm up. Then I will follow the WOD with some stretching.