CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:
Ten Pound Challenge - Day 2

Good morning, CF ten pound challengers!

Alicia, I hope you are feeling much better today. ****uploading lowfat chicken soup*****

Go, Akols!!!!!! Sweetie, the whole CF challenge team is cheering for you!

Guys, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the company on this little venture. You all are so inspiring. A lot of very 'clean' eating reported yesterday.

I look forward to hearing from all of you -- Cal, Gina, Sarena, Alicia, Derek, Eric, and AKOLS about how your day today goes. It's a rest day for me today, so all I'll probably do is take a walk this evening.

Looking forward to check-in this evening....see you later.

Susie
Old 08-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Gina Johnson

Profile:
Re: Ten Pound Challenge - Day 2

Gang, please, please check out my last post on day 1 challenge. I posted there by mistake.

I found myself getting emotional after reading ALL of your responses/support and concerns for my Akols. I cannot thank you all enough for the great responses. I will read them ALL again but w/ my daughter when she gets home too. Thank you a million times.

Welcome Eric !!~You hit the nail on the head...you bet she loves the freedom of eating she gets @ her Dads ! You know, like all of us when she's ready to get serious and control her portions then she will...(hopefully)

Yes, making it fun is key, but I'll tell yas honestly, I'm am burnt out in trying to make it fun. I've taught 'kid fit' classes in the past....i've done great obstacle courses w/ the neighborhood kids. Bought the DDR (dance dance revolution) ,tennis,gymnastics,soccer,chearleading,swimming , ice skating you name, she's had lessons in it.

We do do alot of fun thing together, the beach, LOTS of walks, biking..but nothing has affected her weight.I'm anxious to see what puberty will bring on as far as if she'll shoot up, we'l see. She's right around the corner

I have come to the realization she's not high energy like her crazy mother and thats OK!!!! She will not do any type of 'fun' activity on her own. But like Susie has done with her son, I have made it part of her 'responsibility chore board' No computer,phone TV till aft activities are done.

My goal is to teach her self discipline w/ eating and exercise w/out her growing up resenting me !

I must say , I'm very excited because yesterday she came w/ me to my knew job..at the gym!!!!!! She hopped on the treadmill for 45 min. when i turned to look for her she was running on it!!!!!!! (they haveTVs )She cant wait to go today!!!!!!! I'm determined to find something that works like i said w/out driving her nuts (been there done that...made her cry during a CFK WOD )

Veronica~Sometimes their leftovers make for a whole meal!! I too have forgon the meal at times! I no longer am the short order cook either. It dawned on me(finally) to cook the same healthy food for everyone. My hubby sometimes needs 2nds and 3rds to fill up, but he's eating so much healthier.

~Well at least your ex gets it. And I agree, when THEY'RE ready , that's when It willl happen. That's all there is to it. Hey,it took me 45 yrs! I just want everyone to feel the way I do. Why wait. Unfortunetly it's just not that easy.

Sarena~ Great talking to u . I will call on Fri as I know you are very occupied in SD w/Brand X right now . Can't wait to hear about it!!!! Don't forget to relax!! Congrats on one less#!!!!

Cal~not familar w/ floor wipes..what are they?

Alicia~thanks for your great support!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Alicia~try takind xtra vit c. That seeme to help me. Alao, I love emergen-c . It's a powder you put in your water ....no sugar and it kicks it up a notch.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
George Mounce

Profile:

Not to be too critical but is the forum going to have a post for every day? You could have each day in one thread rather then 31 threads.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Cal Jones

Profile:

Gina - nasty exercise those 300 guys did to get their abs. I tried it and it's the most effective ab workout I've tried save for doing pull-ups.

Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNGCG2L0OA
Vid is safe but other material on Youtube may not be.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Weight; 111 (Analog scale was off before. Reset it.) I might just weigh every week or so, since my weight variation is not going to be much day to day.

Gina, thanks for the support. Not getting that run in today either. Might do some pistols and stuff like that, though. Hope things work out with your daughter.

George, you have a point. 31 threads is certainly going to start dominating the nutrition forums. Perhaps we should crowd this into one thread, Susie?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Maffett View Post
George, you have a point. 31 threads is certainly going to start dominating the nutrition forums. Perhaps we should crowd this into one thread, Susie?
S'okay by me. I'm easy.

Why don't we start tomorrow with a new thread just titled "Ten Pound Challenge" and keep it going from there? Does that sound okay?

Susie
Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Sounds good. The mods probably wouldn't be too happy to see Day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11...
Old 08-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
David Wood

Profile:

All too true (about the mods).

How about you post as the "Ten Pound Challenge" in the Workout Logs section? (Most of the discussion has been as much about workouts as food.)

And yes, I'm cheering for you guys! Go get 'em! (in the Workout Logs section . . .)
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Okay, so here's how today shaped up:

B: 1 c. oat bran, 1 TB. peanut butter, 1/2 c. nonfat plain yogurt
L: 2 eggs, soybeans with mushrooms and sundried tomatoes; 1 peach
S: 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese with 1/2 c. blackberries
D: grilled eggplant; veggie burger, no bun; mashed cauliflower with garlic and milk

calories: 1112 37% fat 33% carbs 30% protein

It's kind of nice to notice that my appetite is content with this intake, on this a rest day. If I ate this little during a long bike ride or on a day I do Crossfit plus spinning, I'd be ravenous by now. Could also be that laying off the ice cream is steadying my blood sugar, diminishing cravings and that particular kind of "get out of my way, I'm heading for the chocolate" madness.

I wonder if anyone else is noticing diminished cravings? Or am I the only one gets them?

Susie