CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Nik Nichols

Profile:
Re: Power Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Rushbrook View Post
I haven't tried the PC yet but I did this today on squats and it felt great. And for once I didn't get tightness on my lower left back. I also used it on bench and was much more stable. Now I'm just practicing it while standing at my desk..lol
There you go! I do the same on squat. I get tight and set my back befor I get the bar off the rack. It is so much better a set up the trying to get straight with the bar on your back.

I can't wait to here how it goes for your other lifts.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:
Re: Power Clean

It was kind-of surprising. I've been poring over the squat/deadlift setup section in KS's book this weekend. He actually makes pretty good sense and I'm excited to try the deadlift setup with tension as he describes. I'm squattign again tomorrow. I didn't do any heavy lifting for almost 2 months while we were renovating the location of my power rack so I'm kinda coming back to my peak slowly over the next month or so. It might take me a bit of time to see how much of a difference this makes as far as strength goes, but just the stability and safety benefit is worth the effort.

I did Power Cleans again and tried as hard as I could to do it correctly. I was actually able to see my reflection in a glass door across the room. I still don't think I've got an optimum setup position but I'll video the next session and take another look.