CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Christopher Olson

Profile:
GHD Question

I'm looking at buying a GHD soon but I've never had the chance to use one so I'm not sure what the pros and cons are to different ones. I've noticed that some GHDs have a full foot plate and others like Sorinex just have a bar for the feet. My question is which one is better? Right now I'm leaning towards a Legend standard with the split pad because that seems to be what most affiliates that I've been to have but the shipping on it is $200. I don't mind paying for it but if it doesn't make a difference I'd rather spend the $200 on something else. Any input would be great.

havocfitness.blogspot.comW/F/S
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Lisa Walker

Profile:
Re: GHD Question

Christopher,

I can just tell you that I received my Sorinex GHB a couple of weeks ago and it is incredibly built. It will outlast us for sure. It does not have a "shelf" area for the knees which other GHBs have and that, combined with the heavy-duty construction were deciding factors for me. I can't say enough about the quality.

Hope this helps a little.

Lisa
Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Bryan Back

Profile:

I just got my ghd yukon from Christians Fitness. It was the cheapest at $214 shipped. It is fine for my limited use but you get what you pay for. It has everything you need to do the back extention and situp. I would not want to use one without the foot plate and 4 leg pads to lock me into the bench. I don't believe I couldn't do a proper situp with out the lower pad next to the foot plate.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Michael Manisca

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Olson View Post
I'm looking at buying a GHD soon but I've never had the chance to use one so I'm not sure what the pros and cons are to different ones. I've noticed that some GHDs have a full foot plate and others like Sorinex just have a bar for the feet. My question is which one is better? Right now I'm leaning towards a Legend standard with the split pad because that seems to be what most affiliates that I've been to have but the shipping on it is $200. I don't mind paying for it but if it doesn't make a difference I'd rather spend the $200 on something else. Any input would be great.

havocfitness.blogspot.comW/F/S
Is there a specific GHD in that link I should be looking for? I dont see any in there....
Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
Bert Sorin

Profile:

Hey Michael,
Here is a link to our top of the line GHD (the one I personally designed during my years in track and field to be the most stable, most versitile unit in the market) Many CrossFitters have these (this is the one that Lisa Walker has, actually this photo is a little older, and the current model is upgraded above this one.)

http://store.sorinex.com/Glute_Ham_B..._a_p/ghb-1.htm

As some of you may also have heard, we recently launched our newest addition to the Glute Ham and CrossFit friendly line, the FNGHD. For the size and the cash, a power packed unit. VERY easy to adjust, extremely stable, and the same comfort of the big model.

http://store.sorinex.com/The_FNGHD_p/ghd-2.htm

We will have one at the CrossFit Games this summer, along with our BaseFit Rack System, that many of you have used during certs. I hope to see you out there! Train hard.

http://store.sorinex.com/BaseFit_Racks_s/114.htm

Give us a call if we can help you.
803 750 9039
In Strength,
Bert Sorin