CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
I'll call you this week. I don't work that far from you now! We need to train again.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
Justin Marcis

Profile:
John - not sure where you're at in the city, but I am CrossFit certified (Golden, CO this past November), and I train all of my clients using CrossFit principles and methods. I am currently training out of Edgewater Athletic Club, Equinox Fitness, Hands On Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, and Strictly Fit (a private personal training studio on Lincoln, just north of Irving Park). If you're interested in working out together, just let me know...

Larry - I have been in contact with Dave Ojeda in the past about CrossFit Chicago...talked with him on the phone once and various emails; however, I have not heard back from him in quite some time. I would just like to reiterate that I am interested in helping in any way to get CrossFit Chicago up off the ground and running. As I mentioned above, I currently train all of my clients in the CrossFit way, and they love it. I think CrossFit could do really well here in Chicago. Let me know how I can help...
Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Larry - I look forward to the call and workouts! My vacation (and a recent knee injury) made me fat. I apologize for the delayed response, but have been on the road the past two days.

Justin - Welcome to the board!

Ryan
Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Justin Marcis

Profile:
Thanks Ryan. I actually met someone out at the Golden Cert in November from either Milwaukee or Racine. He was one of the trainers. Blanking on the name though...

Would love to get up to Racine at some point to see how you are running the facility. Perhaps this spring/summer. I've checked your site a number of times...good stuff!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #15
Brendan Hufford

Profile:
I've talked to Dan Colson of Crossfit Rockford a number of times but that's 2 hours away and not something I can do even regularly once a week. Are there any Crossfit locations or people training near northwest Indiana?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #16
Paul Mirek

Profile:
I've been watching this thread for awhile here. I am a Chicagoan who is interested in CrossFit, but cannot make it to Rockford either. Please, let me know what comes of all of this productive work. I know many who can and want to be involved. If possible, make it a central location or have two sites, one on the North Side and one on the South Side. So many of us on the South Side get the shaft when it comes to fitness options in our communities (i.e., Bronzeville). Thanks for keeping the hope of CrossFit Chicago alive.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 AM   #17
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Guys, I'll talk to dave O. this week and see what's up. We talked about doing a weekend, outside workout soon.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
Ryan Kruse

Profile:
Hey guys, im new to the "Crossfit message board". I live in Arlington Heights (Northwest Sub of Chicago), but I work a lot in Lake County though. I did live farther up north and would train with Dave Strasser in Kenosha, that was a few years ago. A training place anywhere near Libertyville would be awesome.

There was a place on the south side of Chicago before right? Thats too much of a drive/traffic for me.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #19
Brendan Hufford

Profile:
I live in northwest indiana.. as far as a place on the northwest side, rockford would be perfect for you and I know (through e-mails and such) that the guys there are awesome. I plan to make a trip up soon when I have a saturday off. Any updates on a southside crossfit?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
Ryan Kruse

Profile:
Rockford is 60 miles (one way) away from me. Thats too much. I already put a lot of miles on my car for work.