CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #51
Marshall Flagg

Profile:
Re: comprehensive barbell list 2015

About the only company I would trust to honor a warranty completely is Rogue. Even then they can certainly tell someone to pound sand if it is not a defect. Every company has good and bad stories.

The Rogue booth at regionals had an olympic bar to touch. Knurling was exactly between Pendlay and my Eleiko It spun forever. I don't know which version it was though.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:41 AM   #52
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
About the only company I would trust to honor a warranty completely is Rogue. Even then they can certainly tell someone to pound sand if it is not a defect. Every company has good and bad stories.
Well, Pendlay's lifetime warranty clearly states that performance issues such as collar spin are covered by their lifetime warranty. If that's the case, then durability of lubricants in the collar should be a non-issue.

In reference to John Burgeson's post - I don't know for sure if Pendlay they would honor it in, say, 20 years after buying the barbell or not, but personally I would not choose to slander a company's reputation without solid evidence of them denying that warranty.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #53
John Burgeson

Profile:

I based that comment on the fact that previous version Pendlay bars had their warranties stripped away when they switched mills. Those voided warranties were also lifetime warranties at the time of purchase.

Granted, my initial approach was poor and I could have elaborated the first time around, so my bad. Wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Last edited by John Burgeson; 05-24-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #54
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Well I am about to find out exactly what Pendlay/MDUSA customer service is all about. I have had my bearing bar almost two years and one of the collars has a lot more play back and forth than the other.

I emailed them my order number and a video which shows what is happening. See what happens with it.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:21 AM   #55
Joey Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Well I am about to find out exactly what Pendlay/MDUSA customer service is all about. I have had my bearing bar almost two years and one of the collars has a lot more play back and forth than the other.

I emailed them my order number and a video which shows what is happening. See what happens with it.
Good luck. I've also had MUCH better experiences with Rogue than MDUSA. I pretty much only buy Rogue stuff now.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #56
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Well they think a bearing may have broken inside the collar. Which makes perfect sense. Now they want me to ship it to them to fix it so they can send it back.

Not sure I like the sounds of that. The fact is I only have one bar and live in Canada. The best turn around is likely over two weeks. That does not seem like a great deal for me.

I am a one man gym, always lifted with that bar on a platform using competition style (Pendlay) bumpers the whole time. I wonder how long it would have lasted in an actual lifting gym where the wear and tear would have multiplied by about 5. Likely 3-4 months. I like the bar but having a pretty major failure like that so quickly on something that is supposed to last for a lifetime is not great.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #57
John Burgeson

Profile:

They paying for shipping?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #58
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I would hope so.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #59
Jason Fischer

Profile:

I'm super hesitant to buy MDUSA now that they have been replaced by Republic of Sport or whoever they are. I can't speak for their customer service, but the fact that I'm no longer dealing directly with MDUSA has steered me in other directions. I always had good luck with MDCANADA when they were a thing.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #60
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fischer View Post
I'm super hesitant to buy MDUSA now that they have been replaced by Republic of Sport or whoever they are. I can't speak for their customer service, but the fact that I'm no longer dealing directly with MDUSA has steered me in other directions. I always had good luck with MDCANADA when they were a thing.
I actually bought this bar through the stores in the states as at the time the dollar was par, they had a 20% off sale and I live really close to the border. So my dealing are with a company and with a vendor that is still intact.

The same guy who was at MDCAN runs republic of Sport, for me it has been hit and miss with him. Sometimes great, sometimes not.

If I was buying again not sure who I would go with........I like the idea of owning an eleiko for just lifting but the Rogue bar and their reputation for great customer service is huge.