CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
Samantha Lewis

Profile:
Hey Everyone,

I saw this nifty little gadget for sale and I'm just wondering if any of you have it/have heard of it and would it be worth the AU$200 price tag. I find it very hard to find anywhere near where I live with an actual measured distance so it seems like it could be alright.

I will include the link so you can check out specs.

http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templat...n____5993.aspx

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Will Nuse

Profile:
I've never used this gadget myself, so I don't know about it, but a much cheaper option if you're going to be running on roads and have some time prior to running to plan a route is the Gmap Pedometer. It uses the Google Maps function with a means of measuring running routes, etc. Also, it allows you to choose the satellite view so you can find a road or trail that might not show up on the road map view.

Sorry if I'm threadjacking here, but it might save you some dough if this could work for you.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Tim Weaver

Profile:
It's basically a GPS device that's removed the large screen associated with actual navigation. I can't tell if it will actually show Long/Lat or UTM coordinates.

It likely allows you to "mark" a starting point, then it plots position using GPS to see how far/fast etc. you've gone, as well as determining laps.

My regular GPS unit will do all that (perhaps not the "laps" but I've never looked for that function), plus allow me to use it as a full-featured navigation aid. New GPS units are no larger than some of the smaller cell-phones. Mine is about the size of a small walkie talkie (FRS).

nice gadget, but specialized.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
Samantha Lewis

Profile:
Thanks for the input guys, I think what appealed to me was the convenience, I'm very slack when it comes to the whole planning thing.