CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:
Re: Cyclone Speed Rope, Rx Jump Rope, SR-1 Speed Rope, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Rushbrook View Post
i've tried the rogue and an rx and a bunch of others and i still prefer the Again Faster Rev-x. It's light and smooth and fast.
Try putting that RevX cable on some Rogue SR1 handles and see how you like it. The RevX rope is heavier, but thinner, than the red Rogue cable just FYI. But long handles of the SR1 plus the slightly heavier RevX rope makes a pretty good combo.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Jon Margiolas

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Cyclone Speed Rope, Rx Jump Rope, SR-1 Speed Rope, etc.?

I recently purchased the Rx Jump Rope with the 2.6 thickness cable.

WOW is all i can say. Went from doing 10 DU's to 60 straight this morning. The extra weight on the rope is much easier to feel and the bearings are super smooth.

It's worth the $.

Good luck and keep doubling.

-Jon
Old 09-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Matt Nicholson

Profile:

I have the Rogue Spealer rope and absolutely love it. I wanted to just try something different and heard a lot of positive things about the rx ropes. I bought one with the Elite 2.6 cable and have an awful time trying to string double unders together. Maybe its just because its a completely different type of rope, but right now I definitely prefer the Spealer rope.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #14
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lockhart View Post
Try putting that RevX cable on some Rogue SR1 handles and see how you like it. The RevX rope is heavier, but thinner, than the red Rogue cable just FYI. But long handles of the SR1 plus the slightly heavier RevX rope makes a pretty good combo.
That's a good idea. The thing I did like about the rogue was the handles and speed (with that specific cable that I wasn't a big fan of). I don't use the rope much lately because of low ceilings but I'll keep this in mind for the future.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
Leon O'Regan

Profile:

whats the difference between the sr1 and sr3 rogue ropes?
I notice one has bearings and one has bushings, but what does that mean?- which is best/how do there performance differ?
im looking to get a new/proper rope as currently use a cheap nylon rope with plastic handles that cost 4
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
Brent Amey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon O'Regan View Post
whats the difference between the sr1 and sr3 rogue ropes?
I notice one has bearings and one has bushings, but what does that mean?- which is best/how do there performance differ?
im looking to get a new/proper rope as currently use a cheap nylon rope with plastic handles that cost 4
Bearings are faster than bushings. If you look closely at the pictures of the SR-1 and SR-3 the handles are a bit different. Get the SR-1 for the extra $5.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
Andy Lai

Profile:

My first rope was the Cyclone Speed Rope. I went with them for the slim handles, simple design of the hardware, and it's an Austin based company and I live in TX. Always want to support the local boys. I had the rope for no more than two weeks and it broke. The design was not executed well and it created a major stress point for the rope. The rope would crease heavily at the point of rotation at the handle. They will eventually snap. The only other person that had this rope had it happen too. They sent them a revised design. When mine broke they offered to send me a revised design also...but this was yet another revision. I didn't like their revision so I got a refund. Customer service was alright, took them a while to respond to emails at times.

I ended up with the SR-1. Absolutely love the length of the normal sized handles and the bearings feel nice and smooth. It's not the fastest rope they offer but it's been good for me. I would definitely recommend this rope.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #18
Leon O'Regan

Profile:

ok,

being from the uk im struggling to get a rogue rope due to massive import charges!!!
anyone recommend any ropes from the uk?

ive seen these sgf speed ropes that seem quite good... (apparently world record for double unders in 60secs was set using one of these)

I can virtually always do 40+ double unders and record at 107, but currently using plastic/nylon cheap speed rope
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #19
Leon O'Regan

Profile:

hi guys

silly question but what is the adjustable cap/screw end called of the sr1 speed rope?

ive obviously not tightened mine enough or over used it as today the I thought I broke the cable mid jumping, but when I looked the rope was still in tact and had sliped through the bearing!

so I need to buy a new end cap?
any idea where I can get one?