CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Rogue Regionals Gear - For Sale?

Does anyone know if the Rogue's gear will be for sale at the end of the Regionals?

I figured this would be worth a shot, since Mid-Atlantic is the final weekend, and maybe Rogue would be willing to part with stuff that's seen use and not have to ship it back to home base, only to [likely] be sold in the scartch and dent section.

Bill - if you're reading this thread, I'm interested in buying some stuff, and will be at Mid-Atlantic all weekend. thanks.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Mat Murphy

Profile:
Re: Rogue Regionals Gear - For Sale?

Last year they didn't sell after the earlier weekends because they were shipping the same gear to another venue. My understanding is that they did sell some things after the last weekend.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Rick H Larson

Profile:

Keep an eye out on their closeout site the week following the last round of regionals. A ton of the equipment I own is used from the Regionals/Games. Their normal process is gathering everything back at the main Rogue warehouse, going through all the items to determine what they want to hang on to for the Games and then from there they sell off the rest. They tend to put the items up in chunks (not all in one day) as with all the other stuff they have going on getting through the used stuff isn't their main priority.

The deals tend to be pretty good for hardly used equipment. I was disappointed last couple years with the competition bumper plates they put up though. In 2011 I purchased a full batch of the Games competition bumper plates along with a full set of the training ones. They were an excellent price and I was really excited because the site page said colored set would come with the "Fittest on Earth" branding. When they arrived I was a little let down to see the standard Rogue branding. Apparently they sent me plates used at Regionals. Still it was a great deal and I've gotten a ton of use out of them. Last year I was hoping to pick up a pair of the red 55# competition plates with the Games branding (this was the only weight not available in 2011 during the closeout). Unfortunately with the 2012 plates they decided to increase the price of the used plates because they were a 'limited run collector’s item' (as I was told by Rogue chat). I can obviously see their reasoning for this but wasn't willing to pay the extra for something that was going to get used and beat up over time anyway. Oh well, what can you do...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Cris O'Brien

Profile:

They said in on their Facebook a few days ago that they will be selling stuff, including the rigs.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:

After watching them drop the bars with no bumpers on them during the Jackie event I surely wouldn't want any of the Regional bars without a very hefty discount.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

I am not entirely sure, but I don't believe that the used equipment would have the same lifetime Rogue warranty, as it is sold "as is". The Rogue warranty (and Again Faster, as well) is what keeps me as a customer.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
Rick H Larson

Profile:

The items I purchased used all stated they didn't carry the warranty. This is the reason why I didn't purchase any used bars (those were bought new). My competition and traning plates are still in great condition, my stubby axel bar has zero issues (kinda hard to mess that up), HG collars still work like new, 60# and 100# D-Balls look new and those are just off the top of my head.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Adrian Garcia

Profile:

Is it possible to get this gear without buying a huge bundle?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
Chris Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Garcia View Post
Is it possible to get this gear without buying a huge bundle?
depends on what they have to sale, most things arent bundled that ive seen unless its something like bumper sets.