CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #131
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Thanks for speaking up Coach
Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #132
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Glassman View Post
All,
I believe you have already seen my response to these claims as well as Anthos'. My only comment for the affiliate community, at this point, is to contact Mr Kelly of Anthos and talk to him. Form your own opinion, not one built on spin and self interest.

Much love, respect, and admiration,

Lauren Jenai Glassman

I think in the end this is like civil court. We have to decide who we believe. I don't think telling people to contact Mr. Kelly makes ANY sense as he obviously has an agenda to protect and it would be in his best interest for the community to feel his company is going to be helpful etc.

For me personally, whom I believe has mostly to do with potential motive. Shall I believe the business owner that wishes to remain so, or the party that chooses to sell their half equity in the business? Beyond cashing out and moving on with one's life, which I can understand, what is the motive? If the motive was simply to cash out why not do so with a party or group the other owner is comfortable with? Why not allow the other owner to buy at least a percentage so that they could remain the majority stock holder? And so on...

So, I choose to believe, or at least side with Mr. Glassman and his group. With that said, I sure wish, and I bet the CF community as a whole does, that you and your ex could work out something that was for the benefit of CF as a whole and would allow you to receive what is rightfully yours.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #133
David Cahn

Profile:
We won't play if they pay!

We have to express ourselves! Crossfit's value is in us the members. Without us Anthos is paying $20,000,00 for a lot of rusting iron. Show them we won’t play if they pay!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #134
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
I think in the end this is like civil court. We have to decide who we believe. I don't think telling people to contact Mr. Kelly makes ANY sense as he obviously has an agenda to protect and it would be in his best interest for the community to feel his company is going to be helpful etc.
And he's the only person in this conversation with an agenda? Sure.....

Katherine
Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #135
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
And he's the only person in this conversation with an agenda? Sure.....

Katherine
Not what I said Katherine. They all obviously do. It then becomes of matter of which agenda you wish to trust and or endorse.

Do you feel that Mrs. Glassman selling her presumed 50% stake to an equity firm which is clearly not acceptable to the remaining party is the best solution?

Do you think the equity firm has the CrossFit community's best interests at heart (or even close to it)?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #136
Michael Pang

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cattermole View Post
Thanks for speaking up Coach
Thanks Coach
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #137
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Not what I said Katherine. They all obviously do. It then becomes of matter of which agenda you wish to trust and or endorse.

Do you feel that Mrs. Glassman selling her presumed 50% stake to an equity firm which is clearly not acceptable to the remaining party is the best solution?

Do you think the equity firm has the CrossFit community's best interests at heart (or even close to it)?
I don't know enough about any of the parties to form an opinion.

I would say that Anthos probably has the clearest motivation of any of the parties: they want to make lots of money, and will pursue whichever plan seems (to them) most likely to achieve that. They probably couldn't care less about whatever personal animus exists between the Glassmans, except as it affects the value of the Crossfit brand.

For most venture funds, the ultimate goal is not to actually run the companies they invest in, but to take them public. Preparing a company to go public typically involves, at a minimum, establishing good governance practices, clear lines of control, and a sound business model.

Reasonable people can disagree about just exactly what that might entail in the case of Crossfit Inc., and whether those changes would be good for current CF management or current affiliates. If I were an affiliate owner, though, I would be very careful to disentangle the relevant business issues from the relationship-driven drama.

Katherine
Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #138
Riley Karroll

Profile:

Thanks for posting Coach, great to hear directly from you. Let us know what we can do to support you.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #139
Ben Norris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Glassman View Post
All,
I believe you have already seen my response to these claims as well as Anthos'. My only comment for the affiliate community, at this point, is to contact Mr Kelly of Anthos and talk to him. Form your own opinion, not one built on spin and self interest.

Much love, respect, and admiration,

Lauren Jenai Glassman
I am all for straight talking so here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/joseph...36751696368212 wfs

Reading this made me feel sick, actually physically sick. If it is 100% true your conduct in this matter is not excusable . No doubt you will not answer Joey and explain your conduct. You destroyed a mans business, his livelyhood, his purpose all while his wife was pregnant and about to go into hospital to give birth. That simply dumbfounded me and shows more about your character than anything you could ever say.

I know the forum rules does not allow personal attacks, but some things you read, hit you. This was one of them, I felt like I needed to call into question your conduct so when Crossfitters from all over the world read this thread they can see what kind of person you are.

Coach has made some exaggerated statements in the past about pulling a 700hundred pound deadlift in 2 years just using Crossfit but I will take a man who has put Crossfit first and foremost and stands behind us 100% over a woman of your character ANY DAY.

I don't know how you sleep at night after what you have done to Joey's family. I know I could not. Remember what they say about Karma.

Joey I know it does not mean alot but I am sorry for what happened to you and I hope you and your wife can rebuild your business. I wish you the best of Luck and I think most people on this forum do as well.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #140
Jeryd Leuck

Profile:

This is a most interesting time for Crossfit. Watch what you say.

Side note: I would totally buy a (small, I'm poor) share of Crossfit if I was given the option. That would be so cool!