CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
Ben Chapman

Profile:
Grand Forks, ND Crossfit

Anyone WODing in Grand Forks? I will likely be moving there sometime this Winter and want to get the ball rolling early on info. I'll likely start up my own gym if no one already has one. Let me know!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Thomas Seaver

Profile:
Re: Grand Forks, ND Crossfit

I go to college there and wish they would get a crossfit gym, so if your thinking of starting one that would be awesome.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Mark Martinez

Profile:

Ben,

I started doing CF while stationed there. I feel for you, but know that during your sentence CF is totally doable at GFAFB even if it doesn't have a box.

Right before I left they started building what was to be a "functional fitness" room. They also installed a nice pull-up bar system right by the new outdoor track (useless during winter there) across from the fitness center; I never got to use either one. I'll check with my old co-worker if anything ever happened with CF there.

The fitness center itself isn't bad. It's pretty nice actually. It stays pretty empty so WODs like Linda are totally doable. The staff didnt't seem to mind it when I moved equipment around especially to the in-door track for my WODs. I just made sure to ask them first. There's a large rock-climbing wall, an in-door track (~2.5 laps = 400m), and an in-door pool. Right outside, there's the start of a 5K and 10K trail which is filled with deer (scary). It's a decent set-up.

Equipment wise this is what I had to work with while there: three Concept 2 Rowers Model Cs, Metal frame plyo-boxes from 12"-36", one squat rack/cage with pull-up handles, a pull-up/dip station, one Roman-chair, really crappy nylon ropes (broke several of these doing double unders), assorted bumpers, home-built san*****s (somebody's personal project and may be gone), and the staff kept rings on-hand (wasn't widely known and there wasn't a really good place to put them except from the second floor rails and squat-rack). There's also a Power Tower tucked away in a corner by the in-door track.

By the time I left, I saw several other people attempting CF. Hopefully, they've improved the equipment listing and facility even more.

Are you going to be working UAVs? Sucks that you have to move there. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Chad Spradlin

Profile:

My name is Chad and I moved here from Colorado with my wife who is originally from Grand Forks. I have been into crossfit for about 2 years now. I am opening a Crossfit gym called Crossfit Tundra the 2nd week of December, it is located at 6105 Gateway Dr beside New Vision Truck Accessories. Come check it out! Website will be up first week of Dec. www.crossfittundra.com