CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Zain Elmarouk

Profile:
New CrossFit San Francisco box: CrossFit 415

Hi everyone, My name is Zain Elmarouk and I just opened the new affiliate: CrossFit 415, San Francisco. I am located in Potrero Hill/ Dog Patch. I wanted to introduce myself to the message board community and the rest of the CrossFit community. It has been a long road but well worth the time. Like grinding through a long WOD and finally finishing. I am open for business so if your in the area please feel free to drop in and we'll do a WOD. Also if your in S.F or know someone please spread the word about CrossFit-415.com.

I'm a small operation and looking to take that next step. I started with about 300sqf and am at the point where i am outgrowing it.
A couple ?'s I have are:
a. whats the best way of transitioning from private training to group?
b. Should I start looking for a larger space and take on the $ risk? If so whats a good sqf range to start looking for?
c. I have held back a bit from completely introducing myself to my local community because I am concerned I won't be able to accommodate potential clients if they drop in at them same time and wouldnt have enough equipment. I know probably not the best strategy. I have been burning the candle trying to increase my knowledge on running an affiliate. My funds are very limited so taking a $5k "How to run a box" course is probably not going to happen. Much more comes to mind but I already have been long winded and my appologies upfront for that. If anyone has any rescourses or ideas that you could point me towards that will help me run and grow my box, my family and I would be very greatful. I love CrossFit and am very passionate about it. It has put food on my table now for 3 yrs and I am forever in debt to Coach Glassman and the Xfit community.
Much Love,