CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Peter Terry Haas

Profile:
Fgb4

Posted this in affiliates, but didn't get much traction, so I thought I would post this somewhere a little more public.
----------
I couldn't find another thread on this, so I thought I'd start one. If I have missed a thread already in progress, then please point me in that direction.

Who's doing Fight Gone Bad 4? From the looks of fgb4.org, a lot of affiliates are, and are already off and running in their fundraising efforts.

As part of our first year of affiliation, Crossfit Downtown Winston has decided to participate in this event. We'd like to make it the best event that we can. To that end, I'd like to ask other affiliates for their input on best practices as well as marketing or support materials. What has worked well for you in the past? What is working for you right now? What is your advice for making this as big and successful as possible? How has this annual event impacted your business?

Andy Petranek and Analisa Naldi have already put some great videos out. I'm sure there is more great material out there. Hopefully this thread can start to accumulate some of the best practices and materials of the community. I'd also make like to make it a place where affiliates can share successes that they are experiencing along the way (corporate sponsorships, $ goals met, etc.)

Since I believe in giving to get, here are my meager efforts so far: an information packet/FAQ(wfs) to explain to somebody who has never done Crossfit before what FGB4 is and why they should do it. It is a little redundant for our current Crossfitters, but I wanted to be able to give them something that they could give to their friends/family to get them involved.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Heather Archambeault

Profile:
Re: Fgb4

I know that Skip-Mt Baker CF has hosted one (the first one I participated in, two years ago).
This year, we are ptting together a team from CF Everett & going down to Jesse's box, Lynnwood CF, who is hosting it this year.
You couple probably contact one of them. Jesse has been doing a lot of events (Highland Games this past weekend, & such). Skip had a competition not too long ago as well.