CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #441
Alyson Terranova

Profile:
Re: alyson's log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post

Very cool. Keep on this. If you aren't already treating you deadhang pull-up as a strength movement that you attack weekly, you should. I want to see you getting 10 dead-hangs. You're long overdue.

I am starting to treat my deadhang as a strength movement. It helps that weighted pull ups are rotating through the new cycles at Tribe. Last cycle was supinated grip (which obviously worked for me) and pronated weighted pull ups start in the cycle this week. I know I can do them weighted now (pronated) though I'm not sure how much. Just playing around, last week, I jumped on the bar and got 3 consecutive deadhangs (pronated) - pulling very high - chin very clearly over bar, but not chest to bar yet. On Monday I jumped up and was able to do 4!! So I am taking these much more seriously. I want to be able to do 10!!!

---

So I had a bit of an unplanned break...with my new internship and then filling in teaching while Team Tribe was in Cali for the games, I hadn't worked out in 8 days...not something that was planned, but I think it was a good rest for my back either way. I made sure to make time for myself starting yesterday (I was conveniently off of work, so that helped!)

---

Monday 7/19/10

4 consecutive deadhangs (pronated) PR!!

Back Squat 5x5
warm up: 45x5; 95x5

working sets:
115x5
135x5
145x5
150x5 - back starting to hurt, not sure my form was great on number 3
135x5 - I backed off due to my back hurting...it hurt on this set, but good form

I haven't back squatted in a looooooooooooong time. Okay, that's a bit of a lie, there was some back squatting during Oly Camp, but Erin was helping me fix my squat and my back was already kind of hurting, so I don't think I had squatted more than 105. My last back squat was a 1RM on 4/19/10, and I did a 5x5 back on 4/5/10. So it's been a long time. I know that I can go heavier if my back isn't hurting. I also did this alone (in the cage of course!!) so didn't have anyone checking my form, but I know number 3 on my set of 150 wasn't pretty, but I think I corrected well for reps 4 and 5.

5 Rounds
5 pull ups (kipped)
10 KB Swings, 1 pood

4:11

I was happy with this because I was able to string all 5 rounds of pull ups together. This is something I really need to work on, I fatigue very easily on any type of pull up.

---

Tuesday 7/20/10

Gymnastic Class with Sammy!

Worked on freestanding handstands and handstand pushups with bands. I did about 3 or 4 sets of 3-4 with the 2 small blue bands

I also tried a muscle up...I really want to get one, but it didn't happen today. I really need to get used to false grip.

Press 5x5
warm up: 45x5

working sets:
65x5
70x5
75x5x3

7 Rounds
7 Push Press, 20lb dumbbells
7 Pull Ups
7 Box Jumps, 24"

9:15

I was hoping to press more...I think I may have lost a tiny bit of strength. Oh well, it comes with what I'm doing. I some how lost 4 more pounds during my time off and am now only 5 pounds away from where I want to be for Regionals next year! That however also means that I'm down 14 pounds in about 6-7 weeks...so with that would come a slight loss of strength. Oh well...I'll just have to work harder!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #442
Alyson Terranova

Profile:
Re: alyson's log

Thursday 7/22/10

Weighted Pull Ups 5x5
tiny purple band x 5
no band x 5 x 4!!! PR!!!

So happy my pull ups keep improving!!!

Saturday 7/24/10

4 mile trail run with Rachel and Marcy

I haven't run more than a mile at a time since I ran Broad Street over a year ago. I kept up with them for maybe a mile, which I was happy about, but then they went ahead. It's okay. I ran the whole way, which was a very mental thing for me because I wanted to stop and walk. I'll keep this up with them maybe once a week or so...my running needs tons of work!

2 chest to bar pull ups on the minute, every minute for 10 minutes

2 95lb power cleans on the minute every minute for 10 minutes

I didn't jump backwards on my power cleans today!!! I was also landing with a slightly wider stance (for me) but in actuality, my feet were shoulder width apart in a 'normal' squat stance...this is probably a good thing!